Steak, burgers and beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Cooked a couple steaks and a few burgers over the 4th. Made some ranch style beans to go with it. Weather was good and the company great. Wife had a birthday and it was a pretty good size turn out. Had two halve sheet cakes i forgot to take a pic of. And 3 gallons of ice cream. The kids were happy. Hadn’t bought fireworks a decade. Wow they got expensive.

I grilled up 6 bell-peppers that were halved and put on the weber prior to the steaks. Forgot pics of them but they are sliced for the sandwiches.
IMG_3913.jpeg
IMG_3915.jpeg
IMG_3920.jpeg
IMG_3924.jpeg
IMG_3951.jpeg
IMG_3953.jpeg

Last edited:
Man oh man, that's quite a feast you have going on there. Lots of great looking food. Was this just a friends and family event or something possibly for the church?

Robert

Reactions: flatbroke
Man oh man, that's quite a feast you have going on there. Lots of great looking food. Was this just a friends and family event or something possibly for the church?

Robert
It was a combo of both. I ended up BBQ 3 different days. I unfortunately didn’t take many pics. I guess between 90+ degree heat and the amount of stuff going on i forgot. I will say it’s a lot easier to document cooks of items that take longer to cook than steaks and burgers as the short cook time keeps you hopping and not much down time. The steak pic is from the second round finishing up. I had the charcoal chimney going as soon as I dumped them in the vortex. The top of the last pic shows the coal didn’t have enough time to turn white. Im thankful the temp cooled down a bit though. Friday when I ordered the cakes it was 105. My DIL made peach cobbler, blackberry pies (from local farm and cherry (she and my son picked from orchard day before ) pies that didn’t make the photo cut either. Edit. Here is one of the cherry pies. Also forgot I had purchased 3 cakes. 2 were special order.
IMG_3960.jpeg
IMG_3858.jpeg
it was warm no doubt

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Really nice job on that smoke FB, it all looks fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: flatbroke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky