Spicy Air Fried Chick Peas Snack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
View attachment 527716

Spicy Air Fried Chick Peas
Gluten Free and Vegan

1 can Chick Peas AKA Garbanzo Beans

View attachment 527709

Rinse under cold water and shake dry. Add to a small bowl.

View attachment 527710

Add 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil and stir to coat.

View attachment 527711

Mix together
1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Onion
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

View attachment 527712

Pour mixture onto oiled beans.

View attachment 527713

Stir with a spoon to coat well.

View attachment 527714

Air Fry at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes to your desired crispness shaking the air fryer basket a few times during the cooking process.

Use caution when opening the air fryer to shake as some of the beans may explode!

Enjoy!

View attachment 527715

Tried these tonight and they were phenomenal, thank you!

Reactions: kilo charlie

Well I don't know whether to love you or hate you....kiss you or kick you :emoji_laughing: I just made a batch and these things are freakin' addictive!! One thing I will say though, with a positive intent, making a single batch is a waste of time. These things were gone before they even got a chance to cool. I took a few into Tracy's craft room for her to try and the next hing I knew, she and the fat dog were in the kitchen and on these things like sharks on a feeding frenzy.

Thank you KC!!
Robert

Well I don't know whether to love you or hate you....kiss you or kick you :emoji_laughing: I just made a batch and these things are freakin' addictive!! One thing I will say though, with a positive intent, making a single batch is a waste of time. These things were gone before they even got a chance to cool. I took a few into Tracy's craft room for her to try and the next hing I knew, she and the fat dog were in the kitchen and on these things like sharks on a feeding frenzy.

Thank you KC!!
Robert

Ha, agree Robert! My Dad had a shoulder replacement a couple weeks ago! So yesterday after things settled down… took over a rack of spares, garlic bread, salad and some of these garbanzo bites! Everything was a hit, but they specifically asked on the bites… they were a huge hit! Thanks again kilo charlie kilo charlie !

BTW, we used them as a salad topper with some croutons and it was awesome!

Last edited:
That's it! I have to start writing these things down on the grocery list so I don't forget them! I hope there's not a limit to the number of bookmarks a person can have!

Ryan

Thank you KC!!
Robert

Haha you can love me without kicking me! Glad they were a hit!

Ha, agree Robert! My Dad had a shoulder replacement a couple weeks ago! So yesterday after things settled down… took over a rack of spares, garlic bread, salad and some of these garbanzo bites! Everything was a hit, but they specifically asked on the bites… they were a huge hit! Thanks again kilo charlie kilo charlie !

BTW, we used them as a salad topper with some croutons and it was awesome!

Nice job thinking about using them as croutons!

That's it! I have to start writing these things down on the grocery list so I don't forget them! I hope there's not a limit to the number of bookmarks a person can have!

Ryan

No limits that I know of!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
But....but....but....wouldn't that take all the fun out of an intimate relationship? :emoji_laughing:

Probably shouldn't go there,
Robert

Hahaha! There's a lot of things in this world that need kicking.. I don't feel like I am one of them!

Made these yesterday. They were gone in an hour. The next couple batches will be with Calabrian pepper and Korean pepper substituted for the cayenne. Awesome recipe!!! Thanks.

Made these yesterday. They were gone in an hour. The next couple batches will be with Calabrian pepper and Korean pepper substituted for the cayenne. Awesome recipe!!! Thanks.

Dang! Really going to spice it up! Good job and glad you liked them!

Don't have an air fryer (yet) but I'll definitely try these in the smoker !
Thanks for sharing KC !

Keith

After you rinse them, you will need to dry them completely before putting into the smoker.. the smoker does not have the air movement an air fryer does to make them crispy - see the post from Sven Svensson Sven Svensson about that!

Reactions: 912smoker
I saw that and thinking of smoking them for a bit to dry then crank the heat to 450 or so. Time to experiment 😀
Won't be as good as yours but gotta try it

Keith

Let us know how it turns out.. I think after rinsing them, you can dry them with a towel or paper towels for get rid of the extra water, then oil and season them and go from there.. take notes so you can share with the others ! Good luck!

Reactions: 912smoker
Looks most excellent Charlie, kind of like a deconstructed Humas. I'm gonna have to give these a whirl sometime soon.

Point for sure
Chris

But....but....but....wouldn't that take all the fun out of an intimate relationship? :emoji_laughing:

Probably shouldn't go there,
Robert

Family Friendly Site, I'll leave that one aloneeeeeeeeeeeee.

Looks most excellent Charlie, kind of like a deconstructed Humas. I'm gonna have to give these a whirl sometime soon.

Point for sure
Chris

Family Friendly Site, I'll leave that one aloneeeeeeeeeeeee.

Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky