Spicy Air Fried Chick Peas Snack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
20220304_220527.jpg

Spicy Air Fried Chick Peas
Gluten Free and Vegan

1 can Chick Peas AKA Garbanzo Beans

20220304_213147.jpg

Rinse under cold water and shake dry. Add to a small bowl.

20220304_213558.jpg

Add 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil and stir to coat.

20220304_213600.jpg

Mix together
1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Onion
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

20220304_214100.jpg

Pour mixture onto oiled beans.

20220304_214305.jpg

Stir with a spoon to coat well.

20220304_214347.jpg

Air Fry at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes to your desired crispness shaking the air fryer basket a few times during the cooking process.

Use caution when opening the air fryer to shake as some of the beans may explode!

Enjoy!

20220304_220516.jpg

Man I bet those are good. Thanks for the idea and recipe

Very tasty! Obviously you can adjust the heat to your liking or use whatever flavorings you like.

It's definitely nice to try something new.

Wow! That is awesome! I’m starting my purge/detox diet today so these will be perfect! Cant wait to try it. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: kilo charlie
Wow KC, I am really liking this. What an outstanding concept. Being that I gotta run to the store in a bit and don't have much on the agenda this weekend, I can see myself turning out a batch or two of these. Love it and thank you for sharing. This one is gonna be fun, I just know it!!

Robert

Wow! That is awesome! I’m starting my purge/detox diet today so these will be perfect! Cant wait to try it. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you! Let me know what you think.

Wow KC, I am really liking this. What an outstanding concept. Being that I gotta run to the store in a bit and don't have much on the agenda this weekend, I can see myself turning out a batch or two of these. Love it and thank you for sharing. This one is gonna be fun, I just know it!!

Robert

Thank you! And yes they'll be worth your time!

I’ve done this exact thing in my Yoder and they’re fantastic. They don’t last long.

Nope, they don't last long at all. Did you have to dry them out first or just into the smoker?

We love garbanzo beans and those look phenomenal! Thanks for sharing and the recipe! Definitely gonna try these!

Thank you! And it's always my pleasure sharing things! Let me know what you think.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Nice work Charlie . How crunchy are they ? I love the wasabi peas . Wonder if these would work .

Thank you!
I've never had Wasabi Peas so I can't compare but they are really crispy. The nice thing about the air fryer is you can keep going to your desired level.

Wow Charlie,

Those look great. A must do! Look like great little treats to accompany my Margaritas!

Thanks for sharing,

John

Thank you!
Definitely a good idea to have something to cool down the spice! Haha

kilo charlie kilo charlie I didn’t dry them out first because of ignorance. Haha. I patted them mostly dry on a dish towel, put them on the pan, sprayed with a little olive oil, used a favorite rub, and in they went.

One advantage of the air fryer is the amount air moving around so this version doesn't need drying first.

Rubs, Seasoning Blends or even Ranch Dip Mix would be good on these.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Well I don't think I've ever had those beans but sure want to try this! Looks good! And unlike Jed ( bauchjw bauchjw ) I'm still on my splurge diet, so I know these will fit the bill!

Ryan

The chickpeas look great Charlie! I've tried them in the oven before, but it looks like they come out much better in the air fryer.

The chickpeas look great Charlie! I've tried them in the oven before, but it looks like they come out much better in the air fryer.

Thank you!

This is the only ways I've made them so I cannot compare but super simple and tasty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky