Spareribs skirt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jammer5954

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
Smoking 4 racks of spareribs tomorrow. Not doing st Louis style, cut off skirt or leave on? Just cooking for buddies so the more meat the better.

I think you answered your own question, the more meat the better! i used to cook spares but found I like St Louis cut better, don't like eating around all the gristle but if your buddies just want to chew on some meat I would just leave them alone and like you said "the more meat the better" It's just a personal preference!

I saw another thread tonight someone doing 4 slabs tomorrow and I have 4 rubbed and ready also, must be a trend!

Happy Memorial Day!!!

I'd cut the skirt off. The ribs will cook more evenly, and as has been pointed out, they make great snacks or additions to beans.

I usually trim the skirts then smoke them for about 3 hrs. with the ribs, then pick the meat off and put it in a batch of smoked baked beans (minus a little for a sammy for the cook
biggrin.gif
)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky