Spanish Mackerel in Green Chile Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
This was my 1st try with this recipe,
Baked Spanish Macks in Green Chile/Lemon Sauce
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/new-recipe-for-spanish-mackerel.265102/#post-1725603

This is take #6 and probably the best yet, and I do believe I'll stick with thi

Preheat oven to 450°

Enough fillets to fill a 4qt (9"x13"x2") baking dish
1.5 - 10oz cans of Las Palmas Green Enchilada sauce
2 - 4oz can of diced Green Chiles
1 Jalapeno chile, chopped (optional for added heat)
1 large Onion, sliced and chopped
2T minced garlic
1 lemon sliced thin
Kosher salt

Pour one can each of the enchilada sauce and green chiles into the dish, and mix in the garlic and 3/4 of the onion.
Layer the fillets on top, salt them, then top with the second can of green chiles, remaining green chiles, onions and lemon slices, then using about half of the second can of sauce pour it down the middle of each fillet.

A5m23l3.jpg

5IDcHhi.jpg

f4dmXxQ.jpg

Bake until the fish is nice and flaky.

hpK8EN3.jpg

Money Shot
plated with Spicy Cilantro Lime Slaw, Saffron Rice and sliced Cucumber

mxB2VRa.jpg

I also fried some Spanish for crispy skin, and broiled a Pompano

9w2qujL.jpg

RibW6D6.jpg

I don’t eat fish that often but that dish would make me a hero in my house. My wife loves fish. I’m gonna have to put this on my to do list. Thanks for the directions and sharing the cook. Looks absolutely amazing.

OMG!!! I've never seen it before, but as soon as the enchilada verte came into view I knowned it was for me! There are very few fish I will bake and then very seldom, snapper, reds, flounder and anything in a court-bouillon. But smothered in a chili verte sauce... OMG! Do I need a taxi or can you pick me up at the airport?

The Mexican people just do wonderful stuff with seafood. And its always so fresh!

A little ceviche to start that meal? Octopus, squid, shrimp, rock crab,etc etc etc.....

This now tops my to do list! Thank you

Man you are eating like a King these days!
Awesome looking meal, that fresh caught fish is the one thing I miss, when we moved inland.
Although the crappie around here are pretty tasty!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky