SOS brisket cook not going well.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
+1000 THIS. If you have not perfected your pulled pork I would do that. RESIST RUSHING!!! As @gmc2003 Chris says over is better than under for smoked stuff. Brisket is NOT steak!
Exactly!

Doing 10 pound+ pork butts is the best practice for a whole packer brisket. I wouldn't even full with a brisket Flat only if I could avoid it.

I did a ton of pork butts before I jumped to tackle a brisket. That got my timing and long smoke practices down. The next to come was simply the quirks specific to a brisket. Like triming the flat properly, probe placement, figuring out the bigger the brisket the better to trim down to uniform size and repurpose the meat, etc.

There is a lot to learn on a brisket alone so using pork butts to figure out the time and smoking process is a major help to reduce the amount of things to figure out all at once :)

Reactions: 912smoker
So frustrating brisket to stressful. May just stick to ribs and chicken or just do a prime flat next time. Ohhh well if it did not turn out I can always make a nice gravy, smother it and call it a day. For better or worse I will let you all know. Will be awhile going to let it sit for 7hrs
I've done a grand total of two whole packer briskets. Both were successful only because of the research I did here on the site. As the philosopher Marcus Lemonis said, "trust the process."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky