Sorry got to vent somewhere

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mhein68

Original poster
Jul 4, 2023
I just proved what a gullible idiot I am! I sold a collection of over 100 + collection of artist drumsticks to a guy in vagas. this where I screwed myself! My parents taught me to look for the good in everyone.. I sent the entire collection $70 ups before he paid. Now a month later he has said (at least) 100 times " I'm going to pay". Been a month now.. Today i told him to F*** off. He won!? He got my collection and $70 shipping! I'm sure I'll get roasted by someone! I'm early retired (heart attack at 50 and alot of health problems) and am working on getting diability.. So I guess i'm the laughable (by him) one! Sorry I have to complain to someone.. My wife paid the $70 and isnt happy with me.. No need to reply.. I just wanted to talk to someone... Thanks

That is a tough break, I’ve had similar situations & it sucks (ESPECIALLY if you let it get to you), just chalk it up to experience & move on. Yes, I know, easier said than done!
Al

Reactions: mhein68
Bummer sadly in todays world you can't trust anybody unless you know them and then you still have to be careful with many people.
I'd say try Jeff's advice and see if law enforcement would help at all but they may just tell you it's a civil matter not sure.

Stalk him, find out if he is married or not. If he isnt, use a secure line that cant be traced back and order 2 pizzas to be delivered at the same time to his house from every pizza joint in his zip code! Hopefully he is married though, because this opens up the door to a lot of shenanigans! Anything from sending scented love letters, to "Im pregnant we need to talk" letter to having some "call girls" show up at his house on a day that you know his wife and family will be there! There is a lot of dark stuff that you can come up with that are totally capable to pull off from states away while keeping your hands clean. Now if your pretty close to him.....oh boy! ......use your imagination!

Sometimes the pendulum swings the other way. A friend was going through a really nasty divorce, and he moved into an apartment. A couple of days later, a credit card statement was stolen from his new mailbox, and the thief somehow purchased a rookie Michael Jordan card online, and had it shipped to another address as a "gift". Visa put a hold on payment, but the card had already shipped. Meanwhile, the police got involved and were able to arrest the thief on delivery day. The seller filed a claim with their insurance company for the loss and the police kept the card as evidence.

About 3-months later my friend got a call from the police, who said "we finally closed the case, come down and pick-up your basketball card".

Stalk him, find out if he is married or not. If he isnt, use a secure line that cant be traced back and order 2 pizzas to be delivered at the same time to his house from every pizza joint in his zip code!
A secure line... in the 21st century? I know of one, and it's about 125 miles away in a rest area. :emoji_sunglasses:
R7suPfp.jpg

I'm kinda in the same club. I look for the good in people and trust more than I should. I'm sorry this happened to you. Same thing happened to me when I paid a guy to reshingle my roof. I thought he was legit. Kept asking for more and more money...kept delaying the work with some kind of excuse. Even left his Harley as collateral. I felt bad for him at first. Just to add insult to injury, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (2 different households) hired him to do work on their roofs.

In the end he did some work, said he underbid my roof and threatened violence if we didn't give the motorcycle back. Totally screwed the rest of my family. Said we could take him to small claims court if we wanted, when he knew it would just be more money for us down the drain.

One upside was when my sister-in-law forwarded a facebook post from the local PD asking for any potential victims to come forward for a certain "roofing con artist" and it turned out to be our guy. We'll never get our money back, but its nice to know that at least a judge can teach him a lesson. Keep the emails you have and maybe contact the local PD and ask if they have any resources.

I've been lurking here for about 4 yrs now and had to register just to reply to this. I've been taken once by a member of a forum. It was a tight knit community like this forum is so I trusted the guy to do the right thing. He didn't so I took action.

Do you have an address or just a PO box or something? Lots of fun can be had with an address. Nothing illegal or anything, but daily life can be made uncomfortable. Like, neighbors looking at them weird every day uncomfortable. No more invites to the block party uncomfortable.

PM me for details.

Stalk him, find out if he is married or not. If he isnt, use a secure line that cant be traced back and order 2 pizzas to be delivered at the same time to his house from every pizza joint in his zip code! Hopefully he is married though, because this opens up the door to a lot of shenanigans! Anything from sending scented love letters, to "Im pregnant we need to talk" letter to having some "call girls" show up at his house on a day that you know his wife and family will be there! There is a lot of dark stuff that you can come up with that are totally capable to pull off from states away while keeping your hands clean. Now if your pretty close to him.....oh boy! ......use your imagination!
I like the way you think.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky