Sockeye salmon roasted whole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ahakohda

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
Forgive me for posting something that hasn't been smoked, but if you decide to cook it in the future you will be pleased with outcome.

whole salmon scored on one side. Brushed with mixture of olive oil with minced garlic, paprika, cumin, pepper mix(black, white, cayenne), juice of half lemon and its grated zest. Salt to taste.
Place fish scored side up on pan with parchment paper. Brush inside and out with mixture.
Roast on middle rack at 405f until internal 140 in thickest part. In my case 40 minutes.
Use juices in pan to cover the fish.
FF7050EB-A7A4-4358-A87D-19508A09F999.jpeg

868F44A5-0EF8-400E-A0AF-19FF271C2BFF.jpeg

Looks great! I love whole fish cooked like that. Not too common to find served at least in these parts.

Reactions: ahakohda
honestly, I have never had fish cooked this way in the USA. I have eaten it many times in central America and the Caribbean. This preparation was something my father loved and he passed that on to me I guess.

That’s a killer salmon! My wife has become tired of eating salmon, I think your method may be a way to get her back on board! Thank you for sharing, great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky