Smoking my first picnic shoulder (with pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrob22

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
Texas
This will be my first picnic cut. I initially was going to smoke it to be sliced but figured I will go ahead and go with pulled pork. I am going to try a couple new things on this cook.
I tried a brine on this one just for something new. It sat in the brine for roughly 20 hours and then I rinsed and dried it. I trimmed off the skin and some of the fat, applied a coat of mustard and my rub. It's back in the fridge until in the morning. Planning on starting the fire around 5:30 and have it on the pit by 6:00. More pics as the cook progresses.

Matt
20180209_181135.jpg

A little over 4 hours into the cook and I wrapped it. It is still not letting me upload pictures. I choose the file and it shows it' uploading and then says no file chosen?!? Any ideas on how to fix it

Well temp stalled and weather started getting bad. Needless to say it ended up sliced. Flavor was great but not as tender as I wanted it to be. Will have to try another one

Sometimes you just have to "weather the stall" no matter what. As long as you get a mood meal out of it, all is well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky