Smoked Salami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevin pitzer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2015
Michigan
Hello - My dad has always made a Salami recipe shown below, however I want to remove the liquid smoke and place on my WSM. My only concern is I have never done Salami so I am uncertain on the temp, amount of tennis balls sized wood and! timing. My dad is willing to pay for the 10lbs of meat and ingredients and I don't want to spoil to cook. Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated

FYI please disregard the salt....I know it is incorrect.

Capture.JPG

Yep.... as for the recipe if you google mortons salami recipe it looks like the one you have. Smoke at 120 ish and bump temps up 10 degrees every hr until u hit 180. Smoke till internal temp reaches 160. Cool in cold water bath and set in fridg overnight

Reactions: BandCollector
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky