Smoked Paprika anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have some Carolina Reaper powder I got from another member . In the right amounts it has an extremely fruity flavor . It's hot though . Have to be careful not to over do it . Makes a great hot link .

I'm jealous !!

I've heard that about the Reapers but I'll take your word for it. The Spanish Piquillo's I grew have a sweet citrus flavor to them and my hand turned orange after cutting them up...lots of beta carotene.

Straight home grown Reaper I got from Richie .
1693493268752.png

I made from fermented hot sauce mash . It has pineapple and sweet bells in it too . Don't be fooled . Lol .
1693493390342.png

Some years ago I grew some Yellow West Indian Scotch Bonnet Peppers. I shipped those things all over the US to different members most smoked them and ground them into powder. They figured out pretty quickly to wear gloves and a mask when messing with them and not to grind them in the house. One member named it 'Hell Dust" the name seemed to stick lol. I grew some other peppers people used to make hot sauce. I did grow some sweet peppers as well. Now I need to grow more peppers and try the paprika thing

Reactions: LhornR and chopsaw
Fun obsession and great job
I really cut back on my peppers. Got enough dried stock for years
Now I just add 2 or 3 varieties over my standard bell pepper
Trying Datil this year but not anticipated to get many ripe. September already and just started fruiting

Reactions: chopsaw and LhornR
Wow...I logged in and saw my post was "Featured"! Only other time that happened is when I walked into the post office and saw my photo "Featured"...uhh..well we dont talk about that. 🤫🤣 I appreciate it everyone...I'm humbled. 🤩 And thanks for all the likes and kind words...I hope it helps or inspires someone.

Another 5# ready...but with the poblano's and anaheim's almost ready to pick...these may just get roasted and processed with them or make something else with them....dunno.
1693675990611.jpeg

Last night temps dropped to 52°f and 48°f the night before. Now it looks like temps for the next 4-5 days will mid to high 90's...so I'm not sure how the plants will react to that.

Reactions: mlh5953
Last night temps dropped to 52°f and 48°f the night before. Now it looks like temps for the next 4-5 days will mid to high 90's...so I'm not sure how the plants will react to that.
That's why I stopped planting peppers outside . They should do fine , even go crazy maybe .

That's why I stopped planting peppers outside . They should do fine , even go crazy maybe .

Yeah they have already been dropping flowers and tiny peppers sensing fall is coming. Some people will purposely drop the temps of seedlings before transplanting outside. They claim it helps invigorate the plants.

We'll see how it goes. I can always pull what I got so far...just wont have a lot of the monster pods that are so much easier to process.

We'll see how it goes.
Let them ride . I bet when it cools down again you get a week or so of high yield . Just sucks that they won't get time to get some size before its over . I did a jalapeno and a reaper in an Aero garden last year . The reapers needed more room so I transplanted outside . Took a bit for it to settle in , but then it got hot and when it cooled back down it went nuts for a couple weeks . I was picking peppers until the end of October .
The jalapeno I left in the Aero garden produced for a year form the time I planted it .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky