Smoked eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
Ok, I couldn't stand it any longer. I have read up on some that have taken eggs right out of their fridge and put on their Traeger at 275 degrees for two hours. I got about 15 minutes to go and they will be out there the 2 hours. Hoping for the best... Love my 2012 Lil Tex.

I've seen pics of them done shell on raw and hard boiled shelled.I would think the bare hard boiled would taste waaay smokier.

I cold smoke my peeled hardboiled eggs. 35-45 min is all that's needed. Sooooo dam good.
No, I tell you what. Right out of the fridge and on the grate turned out really good. Not overly smoked, but for sure a great smoked flavor. Give it a try and 225 degrees for 1 1/2 hours and see what you think. The smoke will definitely penetrate the shell.

... I backed him up and he still hasn't posted any results. Well Crap.
Sorry Wally. I was eating. Lol. I have nine on my Lil Tex right now. It is a test on the 225 at 1 1/2 hours to see how they turn out. From what I have read that is the perfect time and temp. So I will know more later...

Ok, I couldn't stand it any longer. I have read up on some that have taken eggs right out of their fridge and put on their Traeger at 275 degrees for two hours. I got about 15 minutes to go and they will be out there the 2 hours. Hoping for the best... Love my 2012 Lil Tex.
Ok, I put 9 eggs on this afternoon. I set them at 225 degrees and left them on about 1 hour and 45 minutes. I think I will kick the temp back up to the 275 range for two hours on my next ones. I liked the smoke flavor better on the first batch I wrote about when I did six eggs. They were awesome. These 9 are ok, but I would of liked a little more of the smoke flavor. I have been using Apple pellets too by the way. The six egg plate has a better color and flavor..

Attachments

• 9-smoked.jpg
    9-smoked.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Smoked eggs.jpg
    Smoked eggs.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: WallyWorld11
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky