smoked chili reyenos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 13, 2009
az
here is a basic how to.......

roasted chilis:

peeled, pods cleaned out with tops left on:

grated chz and cooked chorizo:

stuffed with chz, chorizzo and more chz:

wrap with corn husk (rehydrated):

all tied off and ready for the smoker:

smoker running aound 230-250 deg:

after 90 minutes:

plated:

as you can see it is pretty straight forward, just some notes.

make sure your corn husk are well soaked and plyable and as a tip i would lightly coat the inside with olive oil so the chili won't stick.

the chz i used are mexican melting cheeses. the long one is called oaxaca and is sorta like mozz. the other one is called menonita and is kinda like a cross between jack and havarti. use your judgement for your use....i mix 1/3 oaxaca to 2/3 menonita.

as for the green sauce i used:
2 avocados
1/2 white onion
2 garlic cloves
2 green chilis
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 bunch green onion tops
2 limes juiced
1/4 C. olive oil
salt
water to allow blending

the white sauce is a mexican version of creme fraiche.

points.gif
That's all I can say about that! :-)

I was hoping you would post your method for these. Really awesome looking Rob. I added these to my list!

Well done!

points.gif

actually no......i had to make another plate cuz i ate the damn things after i took the pic. no big deal you say.......i forgot to put the code word in the pic and i didn't realize it until i was downloding the pic. if you will notice this pic s not the same as the "entry" shot.

bob, around here you don't have to.....there are some fantastic carnicerias (mexican butcher shops).

Now this one was my overall fav and you made them look sooo good too. I cann't wait to make some of theses things cause I bet they sure tasted some kind of good too.
points.gif
Just have to be awarded to even if you won the whole thing.

Wow excellent job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

It’s a shame but the only peppers that we can buy here fresh are bell peppers, we call dim paprika
I will additionally search this summer, you never know I find it anyway
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky