Smoked cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love my tube!! 2.5 - 3 hour smoke with 50/50 hickory/apple... for any cheese. Wrap for 3 weeks. Then cut seems to work best for me. (about 6"" of a 12" tube) Cool days/nights. 

Looks like this thread has been revived, so I will share also

I cold smoke my cheese a little different, we do not have a need for an intact full chunk. It does not last very long around here for long term storage. 

I take a standard small block package and slice it about 3/8 thick and lay the slices out flat on my racks and cold smoke about 20 min.  Then let set a little while and package up in zip-locks to store in the frig.  Have frozen a few times, but it gets a little grainy but still usable.

We do cheddar, cheddar/jack. mozzarella, pepper jack and others.  Tried some other woods, but our preference is hickory.  Great for a quick little snack or to melt into mac and cheese or something like that.

Everyone's cold smoke setup will be different, but slicing makes it much quicker and more even.

I built a whisky barrel cold smoker in the mid 70's that I do my cheese on, make jerky and re-smoke store bought bacon on.  Ck out my post #8 in this thread. 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/152421/wine-barrel-cold-smoker-with-smoke-daddy-uds-pellet-mod

Great ideas for smoking everything on this site.  Keep experimenting and find what works best for you.  Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky