Smoked Beef Tenderloin (On Sale)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great meal John. Lucky you. I NEVER see beef tenderloin on sale--have to take out a 2nd mortgage.

Thats a great idea, dropping the MES temp like that to rest the meat. Gonna try that.

When it comes to corn I just put it in a pot of cold water and bring it to a boil. 3 minutes later the corn is cooked perfectly.

POINT

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

That's funny you mentioned that. I made 4 ears SV'd (above), and the next day Mrs Bear made some with her boiling water method, and I can't tell the difference.

So to me using SV for Sweet Corn isn't worth the hassle.

Also: I've started letting my Prime Ribs rest in my MES (brought down to Meat Internal Temp) years ago. It works Great.

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

I looked today at beef I saw and thought was tenderloin.. It was whole NY strip for $7.99 per lb.. They were 7 to 10 lbs . Dam!
Yeah that's pretty high for NY Strip!!  I don't buy it at all any more.

I just saw our "Giant" food store put the Beef Tenderloin back up again, only it's now $18.99 instead of the old $17.99.

Bear

Yeah that's pretty high for NY Strip!!  I don't buy it at all any more.

I just saw our "Giant" food store put the Beef Tenderloin back up again, only it's now $18.99 instead of the old $17.99.

Bear

Yep.. I thought it was high too.. but before I looked at the label I thought it was tenderloin.. they stopped putting the tenderloin out now and only have the strip roasts or whatever they are [emoji]129300[/emoji]. You can get the trimmed up steaks cheaper than that sometimes. The big strip pieces you don't really get to see the marbeling either.

Last edited:
Yep.. I thought it was high too.. but before I looked at the label I thought it was tenderloin.. they stopped putting the tenderloin out now and only have the strip roasts or whatever they are [emoji]129300[/emoji]. You can get the trimmed up steaks cheaper than that sometimes. The big strip pieces you don't really get to see the marbeling either.
I quit buying NY Strip Steaks because the ones I get around here are full of gristle.

However one time I got a NY Strip roast @ $5.98, and I smoked it, and it was Awesome!!!

Here's that one:

New York Strip Roast (Hickory Smoked)   

Bear

My stores price today..

$8.99 probably not a good grade
Hard to tell---A lot of redacted black-outs on the label.

The 3 times I bought Beef Tenderloin was at $10.99, $6.99, and $7.99.

I will not buy it again unless it's below $8, like $7.99 or less. (for the time being anyway)

Same rule for my Prime Ribs (Choice), but I usually catch PR on sales for $6.99 or less.

Bear

Hard to tell---A lot of redacted black-outs on the label.
The 3 times I bought Beef Tenderloin was at $10.99, $6.99, and $7.99.
I will not buy it again unless it's below $8, like $7.99 or less. (for the time being anyway)

Same rule for my Prime Ribs (Choice), but I usually catch PR on sales for $6.99 or less.

Bear
I took the pic at the store with my phone and then I did an edit job on the label. Didn't want to show the stores name and location.

Last edited:

Yes it is labeled as Australian Beef Tenderloin

If I get to the store tomorrow I'll try to take a pic

Richie
Hey Richie!!

I went back & looked closer at some of my other Pictures, and found that this Beef Tenderloin was marked "Australian Grass Fed Beef".

Tasted just like any other Beef Tenderloin, to me.

Thanks for the Wake-up !!

Bear

Last edited:
drool.gif
i always enjoy reading your threads, always so detailed and step by step! Brilliant looking meal
icon14.gif
Thank You Nate!!

I Appreciate that !!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky