Sick and Tired Of BABYSITTING!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the Kind words guys, the paint job was inspired buy a sports car but not the cobra.

and my real name is Shelby, go figure. 
beercheer.gif

That is a fine looking race-smoker. It looks like you did a nice job.

I always have thought that I would like to do a paint job on one of  my builds.

Thanks fellas,

I have to say it works great! The PID controller is just what I needed. No more checking on it every 10 minutes. I have done a pork shoulder, 25 pounds of snack sticks, 25 lbs of polish kielbasa, and everything was done to perfection. It certainly looks like a smoker now, LOL

Marto, you have a nice looking smoker build going there, however you are cutting out all the fun of sitting around laughing,joking and telling tall tales out.

Sitting in front of the TV or whatever,is so boring to me... I love the hands on , you don't want the Bradley? Send her to me...I'll name her and give her a good home...
ROTF.gif

Have fun and...

Marto, you have a nice looking smoker build going there, however you are cutting out all the fun of sitting around laughing,joking and telling tall tales out.

Sitting in front of the TV or whatever,is so boring to me... I love the hands on , you don't want the Bradley? Send her to me...I'll name her and give her a good home...
ROTF.gif

Have fun and...
LOL, the old girl is already spoken for. I might build him a PID for it, second thought naaa he can baby sit it! The new smoker works awesome, in fact I'm thinking of building another one, the wife wants me to sell this one! I don't think so!

Nice looking buzzard, that's one thing I haven't done yet is a turkey. How big was it and how long did it take? I did a 10 lb pork roast for pulled pork and it took about 13 hours.

It was almost 14 lbs.

It took just about 7 hours.Held temp at around 250 until internal hit 168. then I pulled it and covered it for about 45 minutes

I brined it the night before for about 13 hours.

Best turkey I ever ate.Could not believe how moist it was .

I will be doing a couple more in two weeks.

This was my brine if your interested :

1/2 gallon orange juice

1/2 apple juice

1 gallon water

1/2cup brown sugar

1 1/2 cups kosher salt ( the recipe called for 2 cups , I cut it back a little)

10 cloves

1/2 tsp nutmeg

I put it all in a pot except the water and simmered it down until the sugar and salt disolvedThen I added water and some ice to cool it down before I put the bird in the brine.

Try it , I think you will like it.

Hey thanks T, I think I will give your brine a try. I'm going to do a  turkey and take it back home with us for Christmas, or maybe I'll just use my father's smoker! Either way I'm going to do one, should be awesome. When I did the pulled pork I did it at 220* that's why it took so much longer, but man it was tasty. Thanks again.

drool.gif

Yeh, I do my pulled pork at around 225.

But everything I have read on these forums say you should up the temps on the turkey to get the IT up a little faster.

Hope it works for you. I'm sure you know to rinse the bird off real good after you pull it from the brine. I just rubbed some olive oil and then some poultry seasoning on the bird.

Let me know how it turned out.

Good luck

Awesome paint job!!! You have inspired me to paint mine in a similar way. What kind of paint did you use? It almost looks like automobile paint with clear coat?

Awesome paint job!!! You have inspired me to paint mine in a similar way. What kind of paint did you use? It almost looks like automobile paint with clear coat?
Hi, no it's not automotive paint. It's an enamel from ICC Devo. I use it in my drum reconditioning business. There is no clear coat either. I put on four coats of the blue first then the white strips. It turned out pretty smooth even without a clear coat. Thanks for the compliment on the paint.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky