Shrimp Étouffée...tried a recently posted recipe. Wow! Lick your plate good!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
I had the good fortune of being paired with Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke this past Christmas. One of the items he sent were some fresh (frozen) Atlantic shrimp. Then...he made this post:
with his Shrimp Étouffée recipe.

I used his shrimp (peeled and deveined by hand) and followed his recipe with one exception, I did 1/2 cup of oil/flour instead of 1/3 because I like more gravy.

OMG! The wife and I loved it. It was lick your plate delicious! Charles, thanks for sharing the recipe. I have it saved. We will make this dish again and again!

I tried to take the pic's at about the same interval Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke did in his post.

IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg

Plated!
IMG_1558.jpg

I had the good fortune of being paired with Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke this past Christmas. One of the items he sent were some fresh (frozen) Atlantic shrimp. Then...he made this post:
with his Shrimp Étouffée recipe.

I used his shrimp (peeled and deveined by hand) and followed his recipe with one exception, I did 1/2 cup of oil/flour instead of 1/3 because I like more gravy.

OMG! The wife and I loved it. It was lick your plate delicious! Charles, thanks for sharing the recipe. I have it saved. We will make this dish again and again!

I tried to take the pic's at about the same interval Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke did in his post.

View attachment 685707View attachment 685708View attachment 685709

Plated!
View attachment 685710
All these shrimp dishes have me ready to make shrimp gumbo tomorrow. Nice job sir with a classic fine china finish 😄

Reactions: uncle eddie
Looks fantastic!! I love a good etouffee. I've actually not had the shrimp but have had crawfish version several times. Used to frequent a restaurant near Suwanee GA when visiting our tech center that had it. I believe it was called Pappadeaux. Loves that place

Reactions: uncle eddie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky