Show off your tree or other decorations!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Mrs' lost her job week before Thanksgiving. Money is real tight and Trees can be pretty salty around here. We decided to go with out. Then my middle girl Amanda got creative. We did end up with a beautiful tree when a good friend showed up with a great tree. (picture to follow). Thanks again Shannon for your amazing generosity...JJ

282858_10152003355629191_735294868_n.jpg

And here is the Tree from my Bud, Shannon...Thanks Bro and Merry Christmas...JJ

226753_10152009890754191_1981672958_n.jpg

Last edited:
Chef Jimmy J

I like what your Daughter came up with. I am going to steal her Idea and do this next year LOL  I  would have never thought of doing something like this

Sorry about your troubles JJ, but I think between your daughter and your friend you've given us a nice example of what Christmas is all about. It's not about the tree or the number of lights, it's about being there for friends and family. Here's to a Mery Christmas and to things looking up in the new year!

And Gary, when I saw the downed tree I guessed what the culprit was. Those 2 look like a delightful pair of trouble makers.

Hey MD !!!

Your close-up pics are Outstanding!!!

Many of our ornaments are the "Reverse Turned" wood ornaments I made about 20 years ago. I used to sell them, and any that weren't perfect ended up on our tree, plus I made a few for us out of exotic woods, like Bubinga and Padouk.

Bear

Hey JJ

Sorry to hear about the troubles--have them myself this year.  But "we will endevour to persevere"  LOL  Great looking tree by the way.  All we have to remember, is that Christmas is a time of love.  It is Christmas Eve, so Merry Christmas my friend.

Gary

Here's the ornaments I mentioned above.

I "Reverse-Turned" them.

These are made of White Pine and Honduras Mahogany.

Bear

Hey Bear

They are beautiful.  But you have to remember I'm just a dumb truck driver.  Have absolutely no idea what "reverse turned" means or just what you did

Gary
LOL---Hard to explain. I designed these 3. Most people can't figure out how they're made while holding them in their hand.

First you have to plane the pine & mahogany to 1 1/2" perfectly square.

Then cut to length.

Then turn on a lathe, at just the right depth.

Then you saw them into quarters lengthwise.

Then you turn the quarters 180* each, and swap alternating colors.

Then you glue them back together inside out.

Then you shape the outside how you want them.

Then use mini-files to clean up the 4 little windows on each one.

Then I put the screw eyes in them, and sprayed them with 5 coats of Pre-cat lacquer (Hand sanding between coats).

I can't make them any more, because I used to use my Jointer, Planer, Table Saw, Radial Saw, Drill Press, Lathe, Edge Sander, and Binks Air assisted Airless Spray system. The only thing I got left, since I closed my Cabinet Shop, is the Table Saw & the Band Saw.
biggrin.gif

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky