September 11 Never forget!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motorhedd

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 18, 2008
Goshen,NY
Today is the seventh anniversary of the infamous 9/11 attacks.A true tragedy for all Americans but especially sad for us who reside in Orange County NY.
Orange County is about 50 miles northwest of New York City in the scenic Lower Hudson Valley.
Many people who live here commute everyday to New York City to work and we are home to a large portion of the NYPD,NYFD,and NYEMS.Many from Orange County also worked In The World Trade Center Plaza.
On the morning of September 11,2001 a piece of **** named Osama Bin Laden decided that 2974 Americans did not deserve to live and changed all of our lives forever.
In our county alone...every town and village lost some one in this tragedy,including the small village I grew up in... Howells,NY.
Lt. Gregg Arthur Atlas, 45, Howells, N.Y.
Firefighter, New York Fire Department

http://www.firefighterheroes.com/911...er-heroes.html
http://www.legacy.com/Sept11/Story.aspx?PersonID=126855
Every day I drive through New York City on my way to Long Island ,NY to deliver raw milk and when I cross the Throgs Neck Bridge Between Bronx and Queens I have a perfect view of the New York skyline and notice the hole in the skyline where the towers once stood proudly and it reminds me of the day that all of our lives were changed.
By nature I am an easy going guy for the most part...until I remember the day that Gregg Atlas didn't come home and my blood starts to boil...I pray to God that one day one of our brave Marines or Army Rangers puts a bullet right between that son of a *****es eyes.
Our son proudly serves in the United States Air Force at Ramstein Air Force Base Germany.After christmas is scheduled for a 6 month tour in Iraq and we NEVER forget why our brave men and women are over there.
As all of you start your day today please take a moment to reflect about what it means to be a citizen of the greatest country in the world...GOD BLESS AMERICA!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septemb...cks#Casualties

Amen brother and thank your son from all of us here for his service.

MotorHead
Your son is a hero to us.

Our country is the land of freedom, our freedom's are getting to be less with each and every congressional vote.

But I do say. "God bless Gregg Atlas" and all the boys battling for our freedoms.

heros are many on that very dreadful day. thanks for having a son with the couradge to searve for his country. god bless.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Its hard for me to say much on this day, I guess a piece of your heart wants to forget it ever happened, but that would dissrespect the lives that were taken, and the ones that were given that day. They are all heros.

I guess all that ther is to say is God bless the USA

this link is good for today

America will never forget, and Amerixans will always remember that day that tested our metal.

This is a sad day remembering all who died and the ones that put there life in danger on that day. It will never be forgotton in my life and my heart pours out to the one who lost love ones 9/11/01 and also for the one fighting for us to keep our freedom. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

It certainly doesnt seem like 7 years. I will never forget the images on the news of people running down the street from the WTC, while in the background you could see Firemen and EMS workers running the opposite direction. Those are heroes!!! Mr. Atlas may have been one of those men running into the danger while everyone else scurried to get away, the TV didnt show their faces.

The sight of Firefighters raising an American flag over the rubble, showing the whole world that you can beat us down, but you can NEVER break us.

American Spirit took a shot to the eye that day, but in the weeks and months following the cowardly attacks, that spirit was stronger than it has ever been, in my lifetime at least.

The brave men and women in our Armed Forces are without doubt heroes by any definition of the word. They give up their families and friends and in the worst case their lives for our freedom, safety and security.

Motorhead, my family and I will keep your son and your family in our prayers and Thank You from me and my family for your son's sacrafices and your families. This thanks and our prayers are also extended to all the soldiers and their families. THANK YOU

These are just a few of the things that will never leave my mind from that day. There are many more, but these stand out the most

And to Al Queda and their supporters. . . . . . . . . GOD BLESS AMERICA

I know there are many members here that are either current or former military members as well as those of us with family members "over there" right now. Also members of Police and Fire Depts.
I want to say ,from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are appreciated from this address.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

THANK YOU !!!

Amen Brother...

Today would have been a great day for everyone to stop for a moment, and say the pledge of allegiance, but then I forgot we cant. it's a new world out there. Sad but very true...

"One nation under God"

I lost a dear friend that day, he was on the roof there where the tv tower was, he was in security, up there with the tv fellers. No way should this ever be forgotten.

Our son has done one tour in Iraq as a gunner in a humvee with the 518th gun truck company, he is scheduled for a 2nd tour in November of 09.

Let us all pray our sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, brothers an sisters return home from there tours safely.

Let us also pray that those who have given everythin they had sit at a fine table in heaven, in the company of heros, as they all are.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky