Second Fish Test with my Newest Toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Yup, When I was a Kid, I'd go with my Dad to the Delaware River, and we'd fish with a lantern & some 5 gallon buckets. We'd catch close to 100 Catties (only allowed 100), all between 10" and 16". Let them swim around in the buckets until the next day ---Then clean them. We'd mostly do this in Spring, because later in the Summer they get a bit soft & muddy tasting.
Then My Mother would flour them & sometimes corn meal them, and we'd all just eat until we were happy. They were so easy to eat, because they were the only fish that didn't need to be filleted. Just Skin & Gut, and cut the Heads off. Then after Fried, you could hold onto the head end of the backbone, and scrape all the meat off one side, flip them over & scrape all the meat off the other side.
The whole skeletal system was completely intact in one piece, and not a single bone was in the pile of awesome Meat!!!
Ahhh, The good old days!!

Bear

Reactions: jcam222 and tallbm
Darn, don't know how I missed this one . It sure looks tasty. Just did some walleye the other day in the (boring) electric fry pan. That looks a whole lot better. Keep selling me :emoji_wink:
Like...

Darn, don't know how I missed this one . It sure looks tasty. Just did some walleye the other day in the (boring) electric fry pan. That looks a whole lot better. Keep selling me :emoji_wink:
Like...

Thank You.
So far it definitely makes Awesome Fried Chicken Parts, Fried Fish, and French Fries & Tater Wedges, all without any Grease or Oil, and Great Pizza Too!!
Still loads more of experimenting to be done though.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky