Score!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dyce51

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Brunswick, Ohio
My neighbor just got a new job. He works in some mill shop that custom builds Oak, Cherry and Hickory wood doors. He said he would collect all the wood chips for me for my smokers!!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Good for you man! If you have an excess let me know....we're close by you know!

Did you ever find a drum for your new smoker build? I've seen a couple on CL and think about you, wondered if you got one.

Nice score!!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

is the wood they cut up is it in plywood sheets or planks
if it is plywood then it has a lot of glue in it not good
i have a custom cabnet shop down the road that used oak cherry hickory
but it is in plywood and full of glue
if its not in in plywood it shoud be ok

If they are building "custom" (aka expensive) i hope that they are using solid hardwoods!

I had found a couple of the large oval style oil tanks but nothing like I wanted....I am still looking though!

No Plywood all solid board stock talked to him again and trying to get any "scrap" pieces of wood as well!!

If I can "loot" enough from him I will definately share!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky