Scales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
So we kinda talked about scales the other day and so I took some pics to show what I use

The first is a 44 lb mechanical scale I got on sale at Gander Mountain it works good but can be a pain to zero, balance the meat lug, and read with the lug on

Next is postal scales I got at Sam's Club with a remote read out

They are both very accurate but i do prefer the postal scales as it does the tare weight for you and its got a larger platform and the remote readout is great. It runs off electric or batteries (remote is battery only)

I also use a small digital kitchen scale I didn't get pics of

Was the postal scale in the office supply section at Sams? I've got a mechanical ounce scale, but I don't trust it. (spose I should just check it against some standards)

Yes thats where it was and I think around 50 bucks not stainless but since the meat is in the lugs I don't think its any problem. The first few times I used both to double check them and both seem very accurate. For light measurements I got a cheap digital kitchen scale that goes to like 12 lbs max

We have a electronic postal scale we purchased off eBay that reads up to 44 lbs. and down to the ounce. For heavier projects the in-laws that live a mile away have a butcher shop counter style scale we use.

Those both look like great tools for the sausage making you're getting yourself into, as well as measuring out the TQ. Nice setup there, Jerry
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I got a postal scale that is stainless on top and remote digital readout and goes up to 150 lbs......I got it at a swap meet when I was in Tulsa. Picked it up for $67.... My dad has one similer to it that he got at Northern tools. He paid alittle more than I did though........Also have a dial scale that only goes up to 6 pounds....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky