Saturday Ribs w/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3 j's b smokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Started the fire around 11am and let it go while I got the ribs ready. Started with a mustard slather and then added the rub. Fire was ready to go at about noon so the ribs went on. I let them cook for about 2 hours and then I mopped them for the first time and they looked great. Mopped them every hour on the hour and let them cook for a total of 6 hours. I read a lot of threads and even posted a question about foiling the ribs and after careful consideration, I decided not to foil. I was a little nervous but after taking them off the pit at 6pm, I knew I made the right decision. I cut into them and they were perfect. Thanks goes out to Richtee for sending me his rub and mob recipe. The entire family thought it was great so this will definitely be my rub of choice when it comes to ribs.

The only real issue I had this time (and every other time I've cooked ribs) is I just can't get the bone to show. I read a lot about how you are supposed to foil after you see the meat pulling down for the 321 method but I just never see the bone. Not sure if it's something I'm doing or what but regardless, they still taste great and that's all that matters.
3383cb45_vbattach20319.jpg

2d448f8f_vbattach20318.jpg

98f2d8cc_vbattach20317.jpg

b6f3df1e_vbattach20316.jpg

way i look at 3j is this...if it smells good , tender enough and taste good..who cares if the bones shows or not...my .02
yours looks good enough to me...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Are those untrimmed spares? if they are, they look like it, they may not pull back any. there is tymes i worried as to haveing too much pull back.

I have had little to no pull back and alot of pull back. It depends on the Ribs. Sometimes you will have a meaty one and others wont be as much. I agree with DP If it taste good and was tender then who cares if it pulled back any. Nice Job
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky