Romantic Pork...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
My wife has a recipe she got from somewhere called Romantic Chicken with Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts. It is similar to a dish that a local Italian restaurant serves that she really likes and she wanted me to make it. Well me being me, I had to change it up some. The original recipe calls for B/S chicken breast, but I substituted pork tenderloin because I had them. Her recipe did not include the sun-dried tomatoes, I added them because I had them and like them...

Also, my grands have been questioning why I haven't been cooking supper much lately so here we go...

Some of the lineup...
20230626_163421[1].jpg

I cut the tenderloins into medallions about 1" thick. Course salt and cracked black pepper on all sides...
20230626_164310[1].jpg

Pan seared them in EVOO and a couple of TBSP of unsalted butter until browned on both sides...
20230626_172516[1].jpg

20230626_174534[1].jpg

Next I drained the artichokes, reserving the liquid, and sautéed them and the mushrooms in the pan until the mushrooms were golden. Added the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cooked a couple more minutes...
20230626_174841[1].jpg

Then I added the reserved liquid from the artichokes, the small bottle of Chardonnay, and all of the tenderloin medallions to the pan. Simmered for about 20 minutes to reduce the liquid and then added 2 TBSP of capers. Cooked another 2-3 minutes...
20230626_180108[1].jpg

20230626_185009[1].jpg

Roasted Brussel sprouts...
20230626_185004[1].jpg

Served over thin spaghetti noodles with shaved parmesan cheese and toasted baguette slices with a pear salad on the side. Give thanks and it's time to eat...
20230618_161917[1].jpg

20230626_192057[1].jpg

I've been really busy lately and cooking dinner has been lacking, for that I apologize to the grandgirls...

Nice!!! I've never played with canned artichokes but I will soon. That looks good and a great idea.
I use them a lot and generally keep a couple of cans in the pantry. There are many dishes that they work well in, give them a try...

Wow Charles… phenomenally done… What an enjoyable meal that had to be!

I have to give your little granddaughter a shout out… giving thanks… 🙏🏼 … what a precious little gal!

Top notch all the way around bud!

Delicious looking meal Charles. Well done!!!

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky