roll call on brands of pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just got a Traeger BBQ 155, just 1 chicken done so far, but going to do a Bearcarver Standing Rib roast for Thanksgiving with Chef Jimmy J Au Jus. Question for smaller pellet guys, can I sit the roast in a pan w/ au jus recipes and beef broth without "steaming" the rib roast>

Im using apple/oak pellets in my new Cajun Injector smoker.  First load today with a ham, ribs, and sausage.

New to the group, bought a Rec Tec back around Labor Day, been playing with it since then, I have made a lot of stuff on it, not the smoke flavor i was hoping for but have not made anything that turned out bad. Have a chunk of ham in it now.

I would have rather had an FEC100 but out of my price range.

Welcome to the group, Dave!  Sorry to hear your RT's not making all the smoke flavor you want.  I know its true that everyone's tastes are different, but I couldn't be happier with the smokey flavor I'm getting from mine.  I do usually use an amazing smoker tube for a little kick in smoke flavor...

Red

It is good Red, I like messing around with it, it does things better than my electric unit and some not as well. They all have a purpose. I have made some excellent tasting things on my RT and am happy to have it. Still working on my temp issues, but Between Ron and I we are getting them narrowed down I believe.

I've got a Fast Eddy Cookshack PG500.  Got it the second week of Nov, but between going out of town for the week of Thanksgiving, and highs in the teen's or lower here in Denver I haven't done but a few cooks on it.  I will say it produced one of the Best Steaks I have ever cooked.  Chicken thighs were great.  Still getting the hang of it, but loving it so far.

Hello all,
First pellet grill and landed a GMG DB, still learning the quirks as it's a little different than the offset and WSM. It has been an absolute pleasure to use so far :yahoo: but just trying to figure it all out !! Pleasure to be on this part of the forum and look forward to chatting with ya'll. Thanks again for the invite Red, Justin

P.S. as soon as I figure out how to post pics on the iPad I'll show 'er to ya'll. Thanks again and keep :grilling_smilie:

Nice looking pit greywolf..........
439.gif
 Oh, welcome to our forum too....Glad you decided to join us.............
grilling_smilie.gif
...smoke, eat, sleep........ repeat!

Its A Traeger Jr. It big enough for us and I love the fact that it uses pellet. The new controller is an (will be)  Ortech 100.  I also am using Q pellets.Thanks for looking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky