Richtee made me do it!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin' dick

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
N. Andover, MA
A while back I read Richtee's dissertation on pre-burning your smoke wood.
Didn't think too much about it. But then I noticed every time I added a piece of dry smoking wood to the fire, the TBS goes away to be replaced by the dreaded billowy white. So, maybe I'll pre-heat the wood on the firebox. Same result, white smoke. Ok, maybe the pre-burn idea isn't so far fetched. So today this is what I did. I figured I have a Mini reverse flow smoker, so lets make a mini burn barrel. So I got a 1 gallon paint can and drilled some holes in it and cut out the bottom.

For the grate, some expanded metal

and voila, a mini burn barrrel

Or is it. I think I just made myself a really small charcoal chimney.

Oh, well. Next time I smoke something I'll give the pre-burn a try.
Thanks for the entertainment, Rich.

Yeah..so? Wanna make something of it?
biggrin.gif

I admit I do like to keep a pot stirred sometimes, but then again I don't care for my soup pre-burned...sooo.. ;{)

Rich is a good influence.....most of the time. :)

Smokin' Dick, that looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky