Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JIMSMOKES

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 27, 2021
Greenville SC
Had a craving for ribs.
Trimed and seasoned night before.
20230121_085919.jpg

Right before wrap.
20230121_150257.jpg

Shouldn't have crisscross cut back membrane.
20230121_174246.jpg

Mmm
20230121_181150.jpg

Ya'll might not believe this, but I've never had beef ribs. Now that I think about it, I've never even SEEN a rack of beef ribs in any grocery around here.

Short ribs, yes, but not a whole rack.

I feel like I've been sorely denied!

• Sad
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice rack of ribs, looks delicious

And the last picture is perfect

Why what happened, fall apart too easy.

David
Yea I knew not to take it off to keep ribs from falling apart. I had the bright idea to cross cut thinkin it might help rub flavor. Only thing it did was make the bones fall out when I was unwrapping so I had to slice it. Normally I cut them giving each plate a bone in rib.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Ya'll might not believe this, but I've never had beef ribs. Now that I think about it, I've never even SEEN a rack of beef ribs in any grocery around here.

Short ribs, yes, but not a whole rack.

I feel like I've been sorely denied!
I never see them in my local grocery. Sams has them cut up flaken style but not whole.
I have to get them from a butcher shop. Which means your only choice is prime. Not a bad thing except for the price.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky