RF Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tii 1

Original poster
May 8, 2010
Hi all. I am new to smoking and am looking to build and RF. The questions I have are I am using a tank that is 18x34, and the calculator says the fire box should be 14.25 square. Is there any harm in going 15 square and also is the size of the fire box the same for an RF as for a non RF. Thanks in advance

Pete

Hi all. I am new to smoking and am looking to build and RF. The questions I have are I am using a tank that is 18x34, and the calculator says the fire box should be 14.25 square. Is there any harm in going 15 square and also is the size of the fire box the same for an RF as for a non RF. Thanks in advance

Pete
If possible can you go 20" deep?

The reason I ask this is because of the splits I think it might be easier to fuel it.

I know when I get firewood I specify the length of the firewood.

You might want to consider your access to wood and the length of the cuts.

If this makes any sense.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky