RF in a 55 gal drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wildman9136

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 19, 2012
Griffin Ga.
I want to try my first RF build with a 55gal drum. I should have pretty much all the supplies need here at the shop in the scrap pile and I fabricate steel all the time at work so those two things are not a problem. I want to try the drum first so I can work out the tweaks on the first build with little to no money, then go bigger and better. What do y'all think about the 55gal drum idea?

Kenny

Hey that sounds like a awsum idea !!! If u got the stuff there and you want to experiment to get it down that's the way to go ? Good luck on your build and keep us posted and as always let us see those pictures !!!! And there is always somebody that can help you here

popcorn.gif

hey did u start your build yet? ive been wanting to do the same thing.  im a little concerned about possible welding the RF plate into the 55 gallon drum.  seems like it might warp the drum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky