Requiem for my Brinkman vertical propane smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

olesmoky

Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Sullivan County Tennessee
I bought it at Home Depot in the fall of 07' right before the Tennessee vs. Georgia game. A friend of mine had one and showed me how he smoked pork loin on the one he owned and I was off and running. Pork shoulder at Easter, beef tenderloin at Christmas, ribs for the race, wings for the game, turkey for Thanksgiving, cowboy cut rib eye on a birthday and even shrimp and bacon on New Year's Eve. Never had cover for it and last month it was finally time to send it in for scrap metal, the years and weather having made their marks mortal. It was less than $300 but I cooked thousands of dollars worth of meat on it and made many great memories. My wife bought me a Masterbuilt electric for Christmas, seasoned it on New Years and smoking some chicken and a pork shoulder tonight. Always will have good thoughts about the old Brinkman, sorry for the nostalgia - If you are thinking about getting an entry level smoker, do it.

The Brinkmann propane is a great smoker and it sounds like you got some good years out of it.. the Masterbuilt cooks a little different but you'll learn to love the flexibility it provides. We have a lot of Masterbuilt users here so if you run into issues just ask. Enjoy!

Reactions: olesmoky
Hey Olesmoky,
Like Jeff said, If you run into any problems just give a yell---There's hundreds & hundreds of MES owners on this Forum.

BTW: I rarely see the word "Requiem" used, like in your Subject Line.
It made me think of an old movie from the early 60s, called "Requiem For a Heavyweight",
Starring Anthony Quinn, Jackie Gleason, and Mickey Rooney.
Now there's some Real Nostalgia!!! :rolleyes:

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky