red, hot, and blue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

packplantpath

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Since there have been several posts on restaurants lately, though I should throw this out there.

A friend of mine started bar tending at red hot and blue in Raleigh, and i told him about my 2 times at the NC State/Hillsborough Street location (there are now 2 in Raleigh). The first time, right after they opened, I got the mixed platter and everything was great: pulled pork, brisket, sausage, pulled chicken, everything. Tender, smoky, just all around great. The last time I went, everything was bad. Dry, not smoky. Nothing.

He said that red hot and blue is testing a new preparation method in that store, and they no longer actually cook things in house there, they just get frozen
eek.gif
pre-cooked
eek.gif
meat, thaw it, and serve. That explained that.......

I ate at the one up in Irving, TX last year. I wasn't terribly impressed. The ribs had very little meat, not much smokey flavor either. The beer was real cold, though, and the service was great. I wouldn't go back...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky