Raichlen's "Smoky Mustard" BBQ Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gatornutz

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Has anyone out there tried it? I noticed it at my local BBQ Galore...ingredients look good.

Would appreciate any feedback before buying.

Thanks!

Booo, Hisss, wrong answer gator nutz.

BUY the stuff, what, it might be all of $5-8? support the legend, he's posted so many tips in his books and recipes, you can't spring the dough?

Buy it and support a smoking god legend, then let the rest of us know how it is.........step up to the plate!

Wow...judge people much? I own all of his books, so don't go preaching to me about supporting someone who has much more money than I (he's obviously a millionaire).

I usually make my own sauce and shy away from the preservative laden commercial varieties, so excuse me for asking a question HeapOSh*t.

Wow, all of 4 posts on the SMF and won't buy some BBQ sauce to just try it?.

Thats the fun of trying new things and contributing to the SMF
biggrin.gif

Sorry dude, I mistook SMF as a discussion forum. Excuse me for asking a question and expecting a respectful sharing of opinions.

The only reason I asked about the commercial sauce is because it is from Raichlen - who I agree is a master. Like I said, I make my own sauces.

Obviously people like yourself like to oppress the less-experienced (which I am NOT) in an attempt to gloat your far superior barbecue knowledge.

BTW...I am a partner at a large consulting firm and can afford the $7.99 for the sauce.

SMF is a forum, If you guys take a look and scroll thro alot of these posts there are Newbies and Expert people who still ask questions about what kind of wood for what kind of meat or how long to smoke it,Take a look at the Posts from the experts and they still ask questions, you don't learn or even know unless you ask, that is what this FORUM is for. Just don't degrade anyone for a question ask, it's just a question, Just let the people ask.

Thank you Allen
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Look, now I have six posts...I must be getting closer to being a meat smoking expert now!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone can ask a question, and welcome newbie.

google is your friend, here are some reviews of the sauce and description, SOUNDS YUMMY!

Product Description

From the Manufacturer
Grilling authority, Steven Raichlen, host of the popular cooking series Barbecue University and author of the best-selling Barbecue Bible cookbook series, partnered with The Companion Group to create a fabulous line of innovative, versatile barbecue products. Best of Barbecue Smoky Mustard Barbecue Sauce: Spicy with mustard and smoky with bacon in the best South Carolina tradition.

Product Description

In South Carolina barbecue sauce means mustard sauce. This rib-sticking condiment is smoky with bacon and spicy with black mustard seeds and Dijon-style mustard. Irresistible with any sort of pork, especially shoulders, butts, ribs, loin, and tenderloin. It's also pretty terrific with poultry, beef, and rich seafood.

Steven Raichlen
Barbecue Sauces

Smoky Mustard: Spicy with mustard and smoky with bacon in the best South Carolina tradition.
Chipotle Molasses: A suave smoky barbecue sauce spiked with sambuca and stung with chipotle chilies. Lemon Brown Sugar: An all purpose barbecue sauce piquant with fresh lemon and mellow and sweet with molasses and brown sugar.

Grins, Glad to help you out........as you stated "BTW...I am a partner at a large consulting firm and can afford the $7.99 for the sauce."

Nutz, Have your people get back to my people, and let me know how the BBQ sauce is. Sometimes its fun to be the first on the block to try things.
cool.gif

Gator:

Please continue to ask all the questions you want here. That's what SMF is all about.

sorry i didn't get here sooner, could've avoided all that.

yea its amazing. got me hooked on mustard sauce now

What is this mustard sauce? Is there a recipe or is it store bought? If store bought, is there a copy-cat recipe here on the forums somewhere?

sounds good i'll try to find some around this area and try it i'm like richtee try it and try ta make my own ver.

Thanks spicerub...I ended up going back to BBQ Galore this morning and picked up a bottle. Going to try it this weekend with a smoked shoulder.

I'll write up a review and try to clone the recipe.

Here's a link to the sauce

Thanks again.

Mustard sauce is a good rub, and adds a nice twang to the meat.

NUTZ, GLAD you went and picked up a bottle, be sure to post some Q-vue and review of the sauce.

welcome again to the SMF board.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky