Quick Replacement for WSM 22.5 Water Pan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pettitjoel

Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Indianola, IA 50125
I am in need of a water pan for my WSM 22.5" to use this weekend. Anyone know what would work in it's place?

I have not been able to use my cooker in a few years because the fire code in our condo we moved into and just remembered the water pan is MIA from the move somehow.

A friend wants to borrow it for some extra cooks space for their wedding.

I am going to check out Bass Pro and some hardware stores but not likely to have.

Thanks, JP

I don't put water in my pan, so I guess you could use a pizza pan or something similar as a diffuser.

Chris

Reactions: pettitjoel
If you don't need the lower level, just put anything on the lower grate that can deflect the heat. Pizza pans work, so do cast iron pans.

They WSM will smoke like a UDS without the water pan, or any heat deflector. You have to set up your starting fire a little differently, spreading the hot starter coals evenly over the cold ones. You'll get a major hot spot on the cooking grate if you minion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky