Questions for RecTeq owners: MAK UPDATE!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gonna review the bottle jack option first with MAK but if for some reason that won't work then the threaded rod with adapters is next. Thanks for the idea Rich!

Reactions: chopsaw
Maybe rewetting and use some kind of small drain snake. Found some on HD that might be small enough. Found one with a 1/4” cable. That might fit.

Been doing some research in regards to using a bottle jack, assuming I can find one short enough to fit the space between the auger tube and the far wall.
Porta power has some attachments that will work in the limited space. Even the Harbor freight kits are a little pricey though.

The spreader in the main kit is what I have in mind.

Or the short body ram attachment

Reactions: schlotz
Porta power has some attachments that will work in the limited space. Even the Harbor freight kits are a little pricey though.

The spreader in the main kit is what I have in mind.

Or the short body ram attachment

Hey Doug, that portable 4 ton hydraulic jack might be a better solution than the bottle jack I was looking at. Got to call their tech service to get the actual length of the ram section when closed. There is one available at a local Harbor store. thanks for the link!

Reactions: DougE
Hey Doug, that portable 4 ton hydraulic jack might be a better solution than the bottle jack I was looking at. Got to call their tech service to get the actual length of the ram section when closed. There is one available at a local Harbor store. thanks for the link!
If the ram section is too long to fit, you could use the dowel and blocks with the spreader attachment that comes with it, or the same with addition of the short body ram.

UPDATE: Had another conversation with MAK support (great people) and we both decided it was time to go the nuclear route. Won't bore everyone with the details but the use of a sledge and sacrificing the motor drive was in play. Finally got the auger out. Brother was that pellet cement hard. It took a lot of force with a screw driver to break it free from the auger. Good news is MAK is sending a motor & auger assembly to me at no charge. I reminded them again that this issue was totally my fault but no matter, it's coming free of charge. This is the definition of a top end American Pellet Grill manufacturer. Definitely a great company to deal with. No question this ordeal has been a lesson to never repeat, i.e. getting lazy after a smoke. Always dump the pellets, let the auger run out into the pot, then cover the smoker. Truly appreciate all who have offered help and suggestions. To a tee you all are what makes SMF great. Yeah Rich chopsaw chopsaw , I got it out! :emoji_wink:

I got it out!
Awesome . I knew you would . Sometimes you just need to walk away , and talking about it makes you think . Even if the suggestions aren't used , it sparks a thought .

Hey , you can still get another one . I mean the parts are free . Lol .

• Haha
Glad you got it out! Been quietly following along... does this mean you're gonna be famous, and put in a book? Owner's manual of warnings and things not to do!

Ryan

No book, everything one needs to know is in the one sentence: After the smoke, always dump the pellets, let the auger run out into the pot, then cover the smoker.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
No book, everything one needs to know is in the one sentence: After the smoke, always dump the pellets, let the auger run out into the pot, then cover the smoker.
The Smokefire ( drop auger ) runs in reverse and dumps the pellets back in the hopper . Thinking you can't do that with an inline ? , but I've always thought there should be a manual switch to run the auger after shut down to empty the chute . Maybe some models have that feature .

Yeah no reverse on the in line, however with the hopper empty you can simply continue running the smoker until it flames out. Ergo, the auger feeds the fire pot until there isn't any pellets. Doesn't take that long and you can even speed it up by setting the controller to a higher temp.

Reactions: chopsaw
Congrats! MAK sounds like a solid company. Wish there were more like that. Ive come across a few here and there and its amazing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky