Q-tv

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hell, Michigan
I'll bet this has been brought up before but I was watching the Neely's TV show on the Food Network over the weekend and thought that a SMF TV show would be a great addition to their schedule. As popular as this forum is you think it would fly or are we just a niche group?

What makes SMF is the help and the characters...ahem..hehe. Hard to get that across in a 20 min show. But it WOULD be cool- If they'd maybe follow a newbie question for a few days to the culmination of a great rack of ribs or something...THAT'D be how to present it I think.

As entertaining as alot of those tv shows are, they are misleading the public. The "behind the scenes" stuff that goes on, is a big part of the prep, and the show producers, or the star, doesn't want folks to see that, just them with a few instructions, and then with a beautiful prepaired meal all in 30 minutes.
Like Rich said, this place here at smf isn't like that. We have real people, who like to help. No reward or huge contracts, just an occasional thanks, or a peek at someones successfully smoked food.

The best food program I think going is the " Diners, Dives, and Drive-ins" or sumtin like that. That dude is pretty funny, and seems to be having the time of his life. I would love to have his job!
icon_smile.gif

It might work, but I think just bought all of us, if not all of us, is just real folks cookin real food. It ain't flash, it's fer eatin! We are not out to impress the jones's, they are invited over for some good food and conversation.

Would be nice to see a decent show on qing, but doubt bobby flay will allow it. Never seen the Neely's one yet. Have to try and watch that.

I think one of the best shows on seen on anything close to what we do, was one on chuckwagon cookin. Can't remember the name of it, but was a good show.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky