Pulled Porkapalooza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
The local school football team and parents are having a dinner tomorrow for 125 people. My friends are part of the parents coordinating the event so pulled pork it was. My neighbor tagged in as they have a large family reunion and wanted 25 lbs of finished meat. Started prepping butts last night with Red Beard seasoning Ohio pork rub. Owner is a local and donated 5 lbs of rub. Great stuff and veteran owned. His business has exploded this year with many awards for his rubs.
1000004876-01.jpeg
1000004884-01.jpeg
1000004878-02.jpeg
Fire in the hole at 530am and butts on at 6am. Ran hot today averaging 300 at firebox end.
1000004887-01.jpeg
Sunny and some nice blue smoke after adding more cherry wood.
1000004896-01.jpeg
Butts cooking away. I did wrap all of them around 160-170 with some broth in pans. After a rest in the Cambros I broke out my new pork shredder tool
Screenshot_20230816-180427.png
I cannot believe how fast it shreds the butts. We did 19 butts in less than 30 minutes with one person running the drill and 2 people quickly going through the pans to discard any cartilage or extra fat. Look at this pile of nice clean pulled bones.
PXL_20230816_202607290.jpg
Here is one of many pans of finished meat. They were all pleased with the taste test and results.
1000004904-01.jpeg
Was a great day spent with a couple friends cooking. They will want up in water pans tomorrow and add in some of the saved liquid gold. I am going to vacuum seal my neigbors 25 lbs tomorrow. Thanks for looking! I'm beat. Time for a shower and early to bed I think.

Nice work. If I end up doing that large a cook, I will need to look into that pulling attachment.

Reactions: jcam222
Nice ! Man , you hit the ground running straight from punching that time clock for the last time . Your game was already up there , but having time to things really takes you up another notch . Glad to see it seems like you're enjoying yourself and moving forward .

Good grief Jeff, that's a runnin' ton of work, nice job! RAY
Thanks Ray. It was a long day but had a ball with two buddies hanging and helping today. I smoked some 1/2 lbs sausage patties and cheese for breakfast sandwiches. One buddy threw huge Ribeyes on the grill for our lunch and the other did some jerky on the coolest end of the smoker.
Nice work. If I end up doing that large a cook, I will need to look into that pulling attachment.
It's a game changer!
I'll trade ya a few bowls of my brisket chili for a few sammies!

Looks mighty tasty!!
Man wish you were in the neighborhood! I'd make that deal right now.

Man that’s awesome. Do you know if you can buy the rub online? I grew up in Toledo and was even stationed in NE Ohio and have never heard of it but I’d like to try it!

Looks mighty good. And a day hanging and eating with friends only made it better.

Jim
Thanks Jim! You are right, that makes it a great day
Man that’s awesome. Do you know if you can buy the rub online? I grew up in Toledo and was even stationed in NE Ohio and have never heard of it but I’d like to try it!
Sure can. I live about an hour from Toledo. You got the right website below.

That looks awesome Jeff. I love the look of that shredder tool also! May have to invest in one.

Beautiful job Jeff! Looks like you had a long busy but still enjoyable day! Hard to beat that.

Ryan

That looks awesome Jeff. I love the look of that shredder tool also! May have to invest in one.
Thanks! Easily one of my best bbq tool investments!
Their stuff looks good on their site.

Jim
They are all pretty tasty Jim. The street corn seasoning is a real top seller around here as well.
Beautiful job Jeff! Looks like you had a long busy but still enjoyable day! Hard to beat that.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. It was a perfect day. Good friends, good food and good cooler weather
Nice! Looks like it was a good day.
Thanks Brian, it sure was
Nicely done Jeff! When I get home. I believe I'll be doing some PP.
Thanks Steve! I had some for supper with some JJ finishing sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky