Propane burner & regulater question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clicker

Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
Thinking about adding a propane burner to my charcoal sidebox. My question is do i need a high or low pressure burner. Also what psi regulator do I need. I've noticed there is from 1 to 30 psi regulators. Thanks!!

Clicker:

I don't have the type of smoker you are referencing......but......I use the burner and regulator from this deep fryer in a barrel smoker:

http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/sq1...ane_burner.htm

That is a 10 psi regulator and 40,000 BTU burner. That will generate enough heat to smoke the paint on a 55 gallon drum. It will also throttle down to just keep it warm. Might work for you.

BTW, I notice this question was your first post? Since you are new, you might want to drop by the Roll Call section and introduce yourself.

I do not have a propane smoker but have a high BTU dual burner and also a gas starter on my Lang. I purchased a adjustable regulator with hose for about 30 bucks. I would suggest considering a burner with a long neck to keep the venturi outside the firebox.

on a firebox 24x24x24..whats a recommended size of pipe to use as a burner..about how many flame holes should i drill in it?

sorry for the thread hijack
icon_redface.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky