New 36" blackstone has one burner with some yellow flame

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JKSchnoo

Original poster
Sep 21, 2023
Hi Everyone-

I just got my new blackstone grill up and running yesterday to season, and noticed that the burner on the left has some yellow flame popping up. None of the others burn yellow at all. I am including a picture below. I also heard a whooshing sound once during seasoning, but havent heard it again. The propane tank I used was making a humming sound as well. I switched out propane tanks, and reset the regulator, but still had the yellow flame. I am wondering if I need to make an adjustment to the burner air intake, or if it isnt a very big deal. I do notice that the griddle space above the burner with a yellow flame is a good 30-40 degrees hotter than the burner on the far right. Any advice is appreciated.
IMG_2704.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
It doesn't appear to be real lazy in the picture . Maybe just some impurities burning off ?

Reactions: zwiller
Welcome to the forum! And congrats on your purchase! Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks!

what chop said or you may need to adjust the income air on the burner (if it has an adjustment). If it gets too much oxygen mixture in it will burn a but yellow.

That burning is also at the end so the chain so its likely getting a bit more pressure and therefor will burn a bit differently....just adjust accordingly...

Check the orfice for debris, does it have butterflyies on the burner opening? Since the right on is burning fine I don’t think it’s a fuel issue, okay sesame street what two things aren’t the same? As far as combustion is concerned you can only adjust fuel and air, in most new appliances you cant even do that. Good luck

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky