Problems with smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Charkey

Original poster
Apr 9, 2024
Was in the process of smoking some venison snack sticks, when my smoker decided to stop working. It’s an older Bradley. Meat was in the smoker for about three hours, but couldn’t get the temperature above 120. Then the puck advance just kept advancing pucks. Took meat out and put in the oven until internal temperature reached 160. Is the meat ok.

Did you use cure #1 in it ?
It was in the 120 degree smoker for 3 hrs before it went in the oven ?
IF cure #1 was used and cured overnight they will be fine...

Reactions: DieselTech
I did use #1 cure. After cure was added the sticks were left in the fridge for 24 hours, then put in the smoker.

Reactions: DieselTech
I ran into this problem with my sister's Bradley smoker. It ended up being a loose connection at the heating element & was not making good connection resulting in a low temperature.

Then because of the low temperature the Bradley smoker would just continuously forward the biscuits.

I cleaned & then tighten the connection & it has not had a problem since.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky