Prime Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dammit man.... Cant believe I missed this one... Awesome bear...................... I'll sit down with you anytime......................
drool.gif

Thank You Joe!!

You bring the sausage!!
drool.gif

Bear

Those dinos right there are why I chose to buy a smoker.  They look AMAZING..... you have just mapped out the first half of my upcoming Sunday.  I can only imagine how they tasted.....  GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!

Flip
Thanks Flip!!!

Yes, Smoked Beef (Dino) Ribs are my absolute favorite Ribs!!!

You'll love them!!!

Bear

Bear... OMG.  Wild Turkeys in the front yard and P Ribs in the smoker.  An't life grand?  You're a lucky guy and one helluva cook. Those ribs on a scale of 1 to 10 and an 11.

He who is not worthy. 
77.gif

Brian 

Bear... OMG.  Wild Turkeys in the front yard and P Ribs in the smoker.  An't life grand?  You're a lucky guy and one helluva cook. Those ribs on a scale of 1 to 10 and an 11.

He who is not worthy. 
77.gif

Brian 
Thanks Brian!!

You can do these too. The hardest part is finding nice ones!!  That's why I bought the whole Prime Ribs, and had them cut the ribs off.

Bear

Well done, I like the idea of cubing them on the second day and "repurposing them" if you may.

Prime Beef Ribs (Trimmed From my Big December Score of Standing Rib Roasts)

Bought 10 Prime Ribs, at about 6 pounds each, for $4.99 per lb.

Trimmed all the bones off, giving me 2 packs of Dinos, 7 pounds each.

Day #1:
Remove membrane, rinse, dry, & rub.
Wrap in plastic wrap, and put in fridge overnight.

Day #2:
I got a late start, because of a morning meeting, so I decide to go with 250˚ for 5 hours.

11:50AM-----------Preheat MES 40 to 250˚, and fill two rows of AMNPS with Hickory pellets, and light one end.
12:15PM-----------Put Ribs on racks & into Smoker.
12:30PM-----------Put AMNPS on bottom bars to left of chip drawer.
3:15PM------------Put all ribs in foil pan with my foil mixture (see below), cover with double foil & return to smoker.
5:00PM------------Kill MES heat.
5:30PM------------Pull Ribs.

My "Foil Mixture":
Apple Juice-------------------------------6 ounces
Ken's Honey Teriyaki Marinade---------------2 ounces
JD BBQ Sauce (or other good sauce)-----------2 ounces

Heat up & stir before using.

The McCormick's Sweet & Smoky Rub was great. I will use this again if I can find it cheap enough.

Thanks For Looking,
Bear

All Ready to Smoke:

Ready to go:
AMNPS on bars in bottom left, with half of a foil pan protecting it from drippings.
Foiled Aluminum sheet covered with foil, is tilted just right to force the heat to go over to the middle of the smoker,
instead of going straight up the right side & out the exhaust vent:

Ready for foiling at 3 hours:

Ribs all cut up----Juices for Au Jus in bowl:

Close-up of some of the Ribs:

Close-up of the rest of the Ribs:

Bear's First Helping:

Next Day Sammies:

Close-up of same:

2nd day---Ran out of rolls---Light Toast should do fine.

Oh Yeah, Light Toast Does Fine!!!
BEAR, THANKS FOR POSTING ALL OF THE PICTURES.  BASED ON EVERYONE'S REPLY HE PICTURES MUST BE AMAZING.  uNFORTUNATELY FOR ME, i CAN NOT SEE THEM.  IRONIC.  i CAN READ THE ADVICE THOUGH AND THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT.  tHANKS FOR THE HELP.

ROB

BEAR, THANKS FOR POSTING ALL OF THE PICTURES.  BASED ON EVERYONE'S REPLY HE PICTURES MUST BE AMAZING.  uNFORTUNATELY FOR ME, i CAN NOT SEE THEM.  IRONIC.  i CAN READ THE ADVICE THOUGH AND THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT.  tHANKS FOR THE HELP.

ROB
The pics showed up in your reply.

Sometimes you have to give it time, and the pics will appear.

Sometimes it works if you refresh the page.

If you want, PM your email address to me & I'll email the whole thread, with pics to you.

Bear

Last edited:
I missed this one    My kind of Meal   Looks great John   
points1.png

Gary

I missed this one    My kind of Meal   Looks great John   
points1.png

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

I'll take Beef Ribs over Pork any Day---I love them.

I have some in my Meat Freezer, and they wink at me every time I open the door!!

Thanks for the Points too!!

Bear

I just wish I could find some with meat on them.  I have 3 bones in the freezer that I saved from my last Prime Rib.

Gary

I just wish I could find some with meat on them.  I have 3 bones in the freezer that I saved from my last Prime Rib.

Gary
That's the only way I can get good Beef Ribs.

I have 6 chunks in my freezer from 6 pound Prime Ribs. I left an extra 1" of meat on each one from the Prime Ribs.

Those are gonna be awesome. I'm still debating if I want to do 3 sets at a time, or do all 6 at once & have to reheat a few times after the first meal.

Decisions-Decisions!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky