Pork Shoulder Success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

podagrower

Original poster
Nov 10, 2016
I dabble in smoking. I'm pretty satisfied with my smokers performance, I've gotten the heat distribution just about right, gotten pretty consistent burn times and temps with my OK Joe by adding a plate under the smoke rack and using a charcoal basket. Last weekend, my genius wife suggested I do some smoking rather than waiting till July 4th weekend when the grocery stores would be in worse shape. I grilled/smoked so much meat, some of it had to go into the Vegetable drawer in the fridge, so I'm going to call that a win. I lit the charcoal early and came back an hour later to a grill reading of 226, I was pretty happy. I threw the pork on with some salt and pepper and walked away. I had to pull the pork off the smoker before it was done because it was time for bed, so I wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven at 225. Pulled it out of the oven a couple of hours later and put it in the fridge, where it sat for a week. Because this was only my second shoulder, and the first one wasn't good I was scared. But I put on the brave face, reheated the shoulder in the oven and went to work pulling it apart (It's the only way in my world to serve pork). Very nice bark on the outside, everything shredded super easy, everything fell off the bone, freaking delicious. I'm very happy, and not scared of the shoulder any more.

Reactions: kruizer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky