Pork loin rib half for pulled pork??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CANAD1ANHaZe

Original poster
May 1, 2020
I seen a big 7 lb pork loin rib half on sale and I figured I'd buy it for pulled pork not thinking of looking it up if I can do it but based off of what I see and it's not advised is there anything I can do with it to make it better for pulled pork. Or should I just bring it back and get a butt? Rookie mistake D: appreciate any help!

The rib half is right next to the butt going into the loin. If you remove a few chops off the loin (lean) end for a future cook, the rib end has enough fat to be able to cook it to 205° and pull it at that temp!

Pork Roast, Pork Chop, Loin Bacon, Pork Schnitzel, Stir-Fried Pork and Broccoli (search Chicken and Broccoli for a killer recipe) or other Veg of choice. You got Pork Kabobs, Pork Diane ( Dijon Cream Sauce). Stuffed Pork Loin or Chops, Thin Sliced Pork Sandwiches with Brown Gravy. Smothered Pork Chops, Pork and Sauerkraut and Porky Tomato Sauce over Pasta.
Bottom line, if you got the meat at a good price, the are more ways to Cook a Loin than Smoked and Pulled....JJ

Yeah but it's for my sister inlaws birthday, I made some pulled pork the other day and gave her some leftovers and she loved it so I was gonna make some for a birthday dinner but yeah if it doesn't work well I could go another route

If this is for a Special Occassion....Do It Right and get a Butt, especially if your Sis already had pulled Butt. You experiment on yourself not Special Guests...JJ

Reactions: SmokyMose
Yeah that was my thought too, I'll just cut these up for chops thank you!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky