Pork Butt, Ribs and Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Pork Butt, Ribs and Wings !!

Last weekend my neighbor asked me to let him know the next time I was going to fire up my smoker. Well it doesn't take much arm twisting for me to have a reason to smoke something.
My neighbor had a pork butt, I had a half of a butt and the Grocery store had St. Louis Ribs on sale. I made a quick run and picked up 4 racks and a package of Chicken Wings.

Thursday Morning:
6:00 AM - Rise and shine (getting sorry in my old age) I use to start at 5:00
Coffee on, Butts out of Fridge and fire up the smoker.
6:30 AM - Butts rubbed and waiting on smoker to come up to temp.
7:00 AM - Smoker at 225 , Butts on
Added a split of wood every hour or so and got ribs ready
12:00 PM - Ribs On Wrapped Butts Put Wings in zip locks with Frank's Hot Sauce back in the Fridge.
3:00 PM - Pulled Ribs, Wrapped and back on Chicken Wings on
4:00 PM - Pulled Wings dipped in Frank's and BBQ sauce then on the grill
4:30 PM - Unwrapped ribs and back on the smoker for a bit, Pulled wings off grill and into a warm oven.
5:00 PM - Ribs off the Smoker and resting in the oven
5:30 PM - Butts ready.
6:00 PM - Delivered One Butt and a rack of ribs to Neighbor #1, one rack of Ribs to Neighbor #2, Wings and a rack to my Grandson and one rack a few wings and pulled pork for us.
Here are a few pics

Seasoned up and ready to go
IMG_0517.jpg

Smoker fired up
IMG_0518.jpg

Ready to go

IMG_0519.jpg

Ribs
IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Seasoned and waiting their turn
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Wings getting Happy
IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

225 and steady
IMG_0524.jpg

Looking Good
IMG_0525.jpg

Chicken On
IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Mmmm wish you could smell em !!
IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg

Oh Yeah Beans too
IMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0541.jpg
IMG_0542.jpg
IMG_0543.jpg

Getting it ready to go
IMG_0544.jpg

Thanks for looking

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 14
Wow just look at all that food. It all looks great and that's nice that you shared you bounty. Pull back on the ribs is amazing.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks Guys Love to cook for others.

Like that Avatar Adam G

Gary

Reactions: tag0401
Looks awesome - Running some ribs on my RECTEC 680 over here in Germany today - the pork here in unreal and as you can see ribs are cut a little thicker than in US -due to how they butcher, but its incredibly fresh with no hormones and locally produced for all the village butcher shops.
IMG_2477.JPG

Yep Happy, Happy, Happy.
Here is a funny story, My next door neighbor was talking with the neighbor on the corner, he said we are going to have to do something about Gary's smoking. It fills the whole neighborhood with that smokey smell, Makes me hungry all day.

But, he did get some ribs :D

Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
Over here, Sunday is quiet day and the Germans are pretty serious about it.. I have bribed all of them with pulled pork, ribs and brisket - my smoker can run all day and night even on Sundays and they dont complain. They try to smoke over here but its nothing like what we do.. to them its like candy when I hand a smoked chicken over the fence!! Someone's getting some ribs today - wife and I will only eat one rack!! They are circling like vultures already :)

Just pulled my ribs - no 3-2-1- just straight smoke, spritz and TLC.. Gonna share with some locals, the wife will add her own BBQ sauce but these are good without any sauce due to Oakridge BBQ Amazing Rib Rub!!
IMG_2479.JPG

Reactions: gmc2003
Oops - forgot this pic.. I am absolutely sold on the RECTEC 680!! It's a solid smoker with consistent outcome!

Attachments

• IMG_2480.JPG
    IMG_2480.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 12
Nice job on the ribs, pull back and color look wonderful.

point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky