Pollo Loco Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Let me get this out first...
The Recteq 1250 is an absolute chicken machine, set it on 375° lay your chicken down and come back in an hour to an hour and a half to check the IT.
It's freaking goof proof, unless you just forget you had something cooking or pass out drunk.
So glad I chose this machine.

Now on with the show!

TACOS!
TACOS!
TACOS!
Tacos were on the dinner menu tonight, and man did they turn out nice.

A fifteen (15) hour marinade meant these were so tasty, tender and juicy, mmmmmmmm!
Add in a dusting of my Fajita spice about halfway through and this pollo was bueno loco.

Served with my Arroz Mexicana, grilled onions, bell peppers and Serrano chiles.
Diners choice of hot corn or flour torttillas off the griddle, and all the must have condiments, salsa, crumbled queso fresco, cilantro and lime wedges.

Another tray of thighs and the bottom rack would be full.
8yUClvAh.jpg

Tk68l3sh.jpg

Like I said, 375° and come back when the smell is telling you to check the IT.
fQoiW2Kh.jpg

g5O4Soeh.jpg

Mmmm, fajita fixins on the griddle.
pHex87jh.jpg

My recipe for Mexican rice is da'bomb, go figure I learned it from a Mexican mamacita.
B5fa4GLh.jpg

The Spread
74dOmcz.jpg

The Finale
e3K8xM0.jpg

C'ya mi amigos!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Nice cook chiler! Yes the 1250 is a cooking machine….. I have found that the timing on many cooks is money with mine too!

Reactions: chilerelleno
What a feast John!! That is truly spectacular my friend....but after all this time, I'd expect no less from you :emoji_laughing: Seriously, you just have a way of putting out food that is nothing short of being drool worthy and this does not disappoint.

Robert

Let me get this out first...
The Recteq 1250 is an absolute chicken machine, set it on 375° lay your chicken down and come back in an hour to an hour and a half to check the IT.
It's freaking goof proof, unless you just forget you had something cooking or pass out drunk.
So glad I chose this machine.

Now on with the show!

TACOS!
TACOS!
TACOS!
Tacos were on the dinner menu tonight, and man did they turn out nice.

A fifteen (15) hour marinade meant these were so tasty, tender and juicy, mmmmmmmm!
Add in a dusting of my Fajita spice about halfway through and this pollo was bueno loco.

Served with my Arroz Mexicana, grilled onions, bell peppers and Serrano chiles.
Diners choice of hot corn or flour torttillas off the griddle, and all the must have condiments, salsa, crumbled queso fresco, cilantro and lime wedges.

Another tray of thighs and the bottom rack would be full.
View attachment 677932
View attachment 677933

Like I said, 375° and come back when the smell is telling you to check the IT.
View attachment 677934
View attachment 677935

Mmmm, fajita fixins on the griddle.
View attachment 677936

My recipe for Mexican rice is da'bomb, go figure I learned it from a Mexican mamacita.
View attachment 677937

The Spread
View attachment 677938

The Finale
View attachment 677939

C'ya mi amigos!
Looks great!

Again, thank you all for the compliments/replies.
Very kind of ya.

Click over and check out today's cook,

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky