Poblano Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
I have several poblanos from the garden. What can they be used for? Looking for ideas this weekend

Roast on your grill, place in bowl, cover to sweat, peel, remove seeds and vanes. Cut up and place in blender with just enough water to puree. Now you have a wonderful, plain, green sauce. I freeze mine 1/2 cup plastic containers. They can really boost your favorite BBQ sauce. Perfect for sloppy joes.

Traditional cheese only or cheese and your favorite meat.
Any meat is great!
Cheesy Stuffed Poblanos, use cheesy rice, rice with meat, yellow rice or Mexican rice... Any rice.
Use Poblanos or any large chile.

Looking for ideas

Roast on your grill, place in bowl, cover to sweat, peel, remove seeds and vanes.
Yup . Makes great salsa . Use Poblano and whatever else . I added some smoke .
20200718_153428.jpg
20200718_155902.jpg
20200718_160748.jpg

Awesome ideas
Gonna try the stuffed ones this time

Don’t forget to stuff some like jalapeño poppers. They are a meal in themselves. Meat, rice, cheese, they are great.

Man I love a grilled pablano on a grilled 80/20 chuck burger with Kraft sharp cheddar cheese and 4 or 5 pieces of Better Than Good bacon.

Damn I am hungry now...

Ran out of time so I made some ABT’s.
I used a jalapeño cranberry cheese spread and some shredded mozzarella as a binder. Bacon wrapped of course.

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 3
I like them where you cut the top of length wise to make a boat and fill them with eggs, bacon, and cheese. Cook on the smoker or grill till tender and eggs are done. delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky