Peri-peri chicken on the kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Hey all. Hope those in the heat wave areas are staying cool. It’s supposed to break here (PA) tomorrow and I can hear the thunder rolling in now. But was I supposed to let super heat stop me from grilling?

Yesterday I got some boneless skinless chicken breast and made a peri-peri marinade from the ATK Sous Vide book- chili, a bunch of spices including five spice powder, some lemon juice etc. I rubbed the chicken and let it go overnight. Today I built a high two zone fire on the kettle, threw the chicken directly over the high heat for two min a side, and then moved them to the indirect zone to roll until 165.

This recipe is a keeper- the chicken was juicy, spicy but flavorful, not overpowering. Should make a good topper for the salads this week.

I’m going to try some cold smoked cheese and a grilled pork loin later this week. This forum has really amped up my outdoor cooking!
D594E611-895E-4B6D-8D96-A76499DBD542.jpeg

1924EE9F-972A-477B-BE01-55CA79791076.jpeg

Chicken looks great points for sure! Gonna be hard to cold smoke cheese with these hot ass temps but maybe at night could get a few blocks in. Just keep an eye on it. Good luck!

Thanks SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ! I tried the cheese this morning when it was cooler + lots of ice in there to help. The smoker is in the shade but after about an hour I was approaching 90F! I pulled it and now it's mellowing for a stretch of time.

I'll plan many of these in the fall/winter.

Thanks SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ! I tried the cheese this morning when it was cooler + lots of ice in there to help. The smoker is in the shade but after about an hour I was approaching 90F! I pulled it and now it's mellowing for a stretch of time.

I buy manager clearance cheese throughout the year and vac seal it. Then when it gets cool enough I have a huge batch or two to smoke. I gave a lot away as Christmas gifts last year and still have 2 draws full in my beer fridge. Now if I could just keep bacon stocked up like this!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky