Peace, Love and Barbecue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badss

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Hi all,
Someone gave me a tip on one of the forums regarding a book wrote by Mike and Amy Mills called Peace, Love and Barbecue...maybe Richtee...anyway...I got this book last night and sat down and found I couldn't put it down. Read 90 pages the first sitting. If anyone is looking for a book that is full of ideas and history and places to eat...this is an excellent book. Lots of recipes as well and some great stories. Bought mine off ebay for a song. Richtee if it was you that gave me this tip...thanks man...this is the best book I've bought in a long long time.

New Cookshack is finally on its way from the good old USA so hopin to have it by the weekend. Its going to be a treat again as we haven't smoked in 3 months!!!!!!! Everyone here is drivin me crazy with all the que-views. Cheers all !
BADSS

It is a good book... homey/folksy presentation, with lots of good lies <stories heh> and some good recipes/ideas. Not a cookbook/instruction manual, but plenty of good info, and a good read.

ahhhh figured it was you Rich that gave me the tip on that book....thanks man...I am having a blast reading it. Sure gives one a REAL perspective of how big BBQ really is in the States. BBQ isn't really big in our neck of the woods. Lots of grilling but real BBQ and places to eat are almost non-existant. I don't know about the rest of Canada but to find true BBQ is like finding a real live Dodo bird! LOL. There used to be a place in Edmonton that was on Jasper Ave that served up bones as big as a platter that were just awesome but they shut down. The other problem in this area is availability of wood in larger quantities. Tree's such as hickory and apple are exotics in these parts and the only way you can get them is to almost know someone who prunes tree's and even then its as rare as hens teeth. If you see someone pulling a BBQ trailer...it has people wondering what the heck it is? LOL. Thats what basically promted me to go electric and gas. One day thou, I will be attempting at making my own unit and give the wood a shot but still have to check into the availability of wood. Still have tons to learn before that thou....We were in the city (Edmonton) the other day and we went to an eating establishment in St Albert that serves seafood and what they call BBQ. I ordered a rack of ribs that were basically boiled and had a hint of some sort of BBQ sauce. Worst ribs I've ever ate and they said they can't keep up! These things looked like they were naked...like I mean white like chicken meat....In fact I never ate them all....couldn't they were that bad and I am not what you call real fussy. My ribs smoked in my GOSM would have created a riot compared to those things!!! There beans were passable but the cornbread was the only thing in my mind that was edible and it was $24.95 for the plate with a rack of ribs a 12 year old would have not problem eating, a splash of beans and cold potatoes with pepper on them. Unreal...won't be returning there for sure. I am having to go the Vegas in the next month or two for work and now that I have some contacts for BBQ I know where I am going to eat....I will be taking my book and getting it signed down there. Thanks again Richtee...

the more i read....the more I understand....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky