Oven roasted brisket and the right run >>

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paneraica

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 26, 2020
I know this is a smoking forum, but can't seem to find anything on an oven roasting forum, but post is mainly on the rub.

I also posted in the Rub forum. Just want to get the right idea for next time

When my mother was ill. I helped her cook the brisket she had in her freezer. Double about 12 pounds. The rub wasn't laid out in tsp or tbsps, but shaking the amounts into a bowl.

Sadly. Didn't pay much attention to that part.

When I made my own brisket late last year. I did the bowl thing and it was OK. Had a little too much water in the pan (another thing I didn't pay much attention to), but checked the internet and some posts said half way up the side. Thought that was too much as brisket tasted more boiled than roasted

Today I did another. A 3 pound single.

Ended up tasting like garbage. Same for the roast potatoes. Used a dry rub formula and either it was just too much for a 3 pounder or I was only supposed to use just a small amount.

I used it all on both sides.

Tasted like I was eating slices of pepper and salt and same for the potatoes which absorbed all the rub.

This is pretty much what I found and used

• 2 Tablespoons coarse Kosher salt (I actually used regular salt)
  • 2 Tablespoons coarse black pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
I'm guessing I only should have used a small amount only on one side and over did it or it was just too much in regards to the amounts for such a small brisket.

Any help for the next time

Thanks

DON

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky