Our backyard smoker/bbq/bar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had the blocks for the base, got pallets for free, building the trusses and metal roof was still about 550 and then the paint to protect it.  I showed the wife last night and she said she loved the landscape and the fire pit.  I agree.  Thanks for sharing!

That's an awesome grill area, nice work for sure! Hopefully you have a small beer frig close by!

Thanx Xray, we have been working on this for a couple of years, actually its raining right now ... and we are dry ... 

They used 4 mobile home anchors down each side, they screwed em in with a gas powered motor, then secured them with 3/4 inch bolts ... a carport company... Carolina carports .. came out, did the job with a crew of 3, was gone in 2 hrs .... they was one of the few that would build to your size /specs /// a standard size is 18 wide by 21 deep ... this is 18 wide by 15 deep, .... 800 bucks, done and gone in 2 hrs ... loved it ...

points to you on your modification ....I added the redwood around my smoker about a year ago ....also around my charcoal grill as well .....

Reactions: smokinfun
Thanks Rings r us , we spend a lot a time in backyard, winter, summer .. and in fla , you need a place to get out of sun, and the rain ... lol 

Well, damn hurricane made me take it all down...after the storm, guess I will pressure wash it all, and can re-arrange it all alittle different maybe ,,, 

figured the winds would rip everything a bit

about 2 hrs work...

Last edited:
I remember this.. I forgot it was your set up Griz.. that's so cool.. hope you don't have to replace all that.. [emoji]128077[/emoji]. Hope your charcoal stash stays dry. I saw this post and was wondering about storm winds. That's creepy.. Was just a couple months ago.

Last edited:
Put ladders and wheelbarrow and utility cart on an old satellite mount near the canal out back ... banana tree right there also .. lol 

got a piece of re-bar to tie it all up with 

I have a pallet building with a metal roof that I moved all my stuff out of (including grill and smoker) until storms go through here in nc.  I have decided that when something happens to my current one, I am going to change it to the setup like you have.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky