Oklahoma Joe is Getting a Workout today! Qview Commin!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meandmytwodogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Beaver Lake/Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Well the LASIK surgery went well and my eyes feel great so the Joe is a smokin! I have to go get my camera from work to share pics but I have on 1 Boston Butt, 1 Shoulder sirloin roast, 1 slab of spare ribs and 20 chicken drumsticks, all generously coated with jeff's rub and I will be srpitzing with apple juice and Jim Beam after a short while. I did get a late start as the meat did not hit the grill until 12:30 here but things are going great. I am having an easy time adjusting the vents to control my temp and keep it where I want it to be. So far my first run with my new pre-owned or should I say "pre-seasoned" smoker, things are going great. I'll get the cam and have pics shortly.
Dave

Glad to hear the surgery went well!
Looking forward to your Qview.
smile.gif

Well obviously I did not get around to fetching the camera from work yesterday and did not post any pics. Sorry, the Miller High Life and Jim Beam got the better of me and I figured it was not a good idea to drive. Anyway, everything came out incredible! I was planning on doing this cook to have some stash in the freezer. But instead the word got out and all together 7 friends came around and helped take everything off the grill. While we were eating my friend Brad had sauce in three places on his face. My wife let him know "hey Brad, you have sauce on your face" instead of actually doing something about it, he answerd with "I know" and just kept on eating. It turned out to be quite a party. I love that about smoking meat. When the word gets out everyone invites themselves over to just hang out. CubGuy17 stopped in too so hopefully he will vouch for me. THis new smoker works great. FatDaddy did a great job on the mods. Thanks again to TEEOTEE for hookin a brother up!

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the eye surgery. It's a pretty amazing feeling after wearing contacs and glasses for my whole life.

Congrats on the surgery Dave. Glad everything went well. I can understand how that Jim Beam might get in the way of your Q-View. Sounds like you had quite a few peeps over to help you eat it all up. Congrats on your smoke anyway...just remember to take the camera home from work so we can see some Q-view next time

Happy Smokin

Steve

what bubba said.......no q-view........it didn't happen.........better run and have cubguy hurry up and vouch..........why didn't HE bring a camera.......even if it wasn't anything but the greasy, sauced covered face of your buddy...........LOLOL

meandmytwodogs glad you like the smoker. I miss it already, hoping to get a lang 60 ordered here in another month or so when work slows down enough to enjoy it.
And thanks for turning me onto this site. Great people and great info.

Dale

meandmytwodogs, you missed a great April Fools opportunity. I was expecting to see a bunch of out of focus pics posted after your lasik!

I had a feeling I was going to take a bunch of crap for this thread. Out of focus pics would have been funny, but alas I can't even post those yet. Next time I won't do a "here's what I'm doin this weekend" until I can actually show it off.
Maybe I should wait a bit to start drinking while I run the smoker......NAW! What am I thinking. If there's smoke, there's beer!

Yeah just what was you thinking huh
eek.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
!!!

See you introduced someone else to the forum too.

Welcome fatdaddy and stop by roll call to do a formal intro .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky